This post contains some of the best apathy quotes.
What Is Apathy?
Apathy is a lack of interest or concern about something, often leading to a disinterest in taking action or making an effort.
It can be described as a feeling of indifference or an emotional detachment from one’s surroundings or experiences.
People who experience apathy may struggle with motivation, have difficulty making decisions, and may feel disconnected from their emotions.
Apathy can be caused by various factors, including depression, anxiety, stress, and certain medical conditions. It is important to address apathy if it is affecting one’s quality of life or ability to function.
1. “Apathy is one of the characteristic responses of any living organism when it is subjected to stimuli too intense or too complicated to cope with.” – John Dos Passos
2. “Apathy is the glove into which evil slips its hand.” – Bodie Thoene
3. “Apathy is the self-defense of the powerless.” – Letty Pogrebin
4. “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends than that good man should look on and do nothing.” – John Stuart Mill
5. “Because of indifference, one dies before one actually dies.” – Elie Weisel
6. “Darkness feeds on apathy.” – Den Brown
Related: Who Is The Apath?
7. “I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hated – it’s apathy. It’s not giving a damn.” – Leo Buscaglia
8. “Ignorance is a matter of laziness, indifference and apathy.” – Tom Tancredo
9. “Indifference to me is the epitome of evil.” – Elie Weisel
10. “Those who choose not to empathize enable real monsters. For without ever committing an act of outright evil ourselves, we collude with it, through our own apathy.” – J K Rowling
11. “The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.” – Albert Einstein
12. “We may have found a cure for most evils, but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all the apathy of human beings.” – Helen Keller
13. “Your life begins to end the moment you start being silent about the things that matter.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
14. “A lot of you cared, just not enough.” ― Jay Asher
15. “It’s a disease. Nobody thinks or feels or cares any more; nobody gets excited or believes in anything except their own comfortable little God damn mediocrity.” ― Richard Yates
16. “The people will not revolt. They will not look up from their screens long enough to notice what’s happening.” – George Orwell
17. “The refusal to take sides on great moral issues is itself a decision. It is a silent acquiescence to evil. The Tragedy of our time is that those who still believe in honesty lack fire and conviction, while those who believe in dishonesty are full of passionate conviction.” ― Fulton J. Sheen
18. “American youth attributes much more importance to arriving at driver’s license age than at voting age.” ― Marshall McLuhan
19. “Hate isn’t the opposite of love, apathy is. Hating doesn’t free you from feeling anything. You have to carry it around, using every scar, every little memory like a building block. Like a stone in a wall, until you’ve created a new person, a new life that you can live with.” ― Rasmenia Massoud
20. “It’s a highly deceptive world, one that constantly asks you to comment but doesn’t really care what you have to say.” ― David Levithan
21. “We’re walking with our eyes on everyone else, ignoring the screams that come from the people buried alive underneath our feet. Yet we say we’re here for each other and say we care. And we hypocritically wonder why everyone is walking passed our own screams as though we don’t do the same.” ― Caitlyn Paige
Hadiah is a counselor who is passionate about supporting individuals on their journey towards mental well-being. Hadiah not only writes insightful articles on various mental health topics but also creates engaging and practical mental health worksheets.
As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive a commission from BetterHelp, at zero cost to you, if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.