This post contains some of the best dark love quotes
What Is Dark Love?
Dark Love is a concept in psychology that refers to intense and sometimes disturbing emotional attachments or relationships.
It can involve feelings of obsession, possessiveness, jealousy, and even violence.
This type of love is often associated with personality disorders such as borderline personality disorder or narcissistic personality disorder.
In some cases, Dark Love may be fueled by a deep-seated fear of abandonment or rejection, leading individuals to become overly dependent on their partners and engage in controlling behaviors.
Other factors that may contribute to Dark Love include childhood trauma, low self-esteem, and a lack of healthy relationship models.
It’s important to note that while Dark Love may feel intense and all-consuming, it is not healthy or sustainable in the long run.
Therapy and counseling can help individuals understand and overcome their negative patterns of behavior and move towards healthier relationships.
Dark Love Quotes
1. “Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.” – Edgar Allan
2. “Everything has a price. The price, however, isn’t always money.” ― Ahmed Mostafa
3. “He made you dependent on him so that your happiness depended on his and his depended on whether or not you agreed to what he said.” ― Namrata Gupta
4. “Someone who truly loves you will never expect you to give up your goals, dreams, or ambitions. They will encourage you, not hold you back.” ― Anthon St. Maarten
5. “I was mad. I was bitter. I was angry. I was outraged. I was sad. I was hateful. I was hurt. I was in love. But I never let him take the best of me.” ― Dominic Riccitello
Related: Top 40 Healthy Relationship Quotes
6. “I remembered the man I’d fallen for after my father died. I’d hardly known him, but it didn’t matter. I’d recruited him to serve my loss, made him everything I needed.” ― Helen Macdonald
7. “After all, there’s no sort of guarantee when it comes to love, nor about feeling any sort of way that leaves you attached to another person. We’re unpredictable, almost toxic in a way. If there’s anything I’ve learned since the first day I made this discovery, it’s the fact that we shouldn’t have the sort of relationship that we do. We shouldn’t associate with one another. I shouldn’t care about you. Because like I claimed already, there’s inevitably going to be one person who cares more than the other person does, who feels more than the other person does. And in learning this, in learning that I care more about you than you do about me, I’ve found that I’ve given you the uncanny ability to break me down and, above all else, to destroy me.” ― Cara Demers
8. “I wondered what happened when you offered yourself to someone, and they opened you, only to discover you were not the gift they expected, and they had to smile and nod and say thank you all the same.” – Jodi Picoult
9. “It is impossible to say why we love something or someone. We can come up with reasons if we have to, but the important part happens in the dark, beyond our control. We just know when it is there. And when it goes away.” – John Ajvide Lindqvist
10. “Nothing is ever born out of fear. Love gives birth; love is creative; fear is impotent. It has never created anything. It cannot create anything because it has no substance. But it can destroy your whole life; it can surround you like a dark cloud, it can exploit all of your energies. It will not allow you to move into any deep experience of beauty.” – Osho
11. “When love is bloody like that, it’s hard to remember what love really is.” ― Megan D. Martin
12. “Why are old lovers able to become friends? Two reasons. They never truly loved each other, or they love each other still.” – Whitney Otto
Related: Top 21 Relationship Respect Quotes
13. “I can’t reconcile who he was, the man who was so kind and loving and considerate, with who he is now. I know the truth is who I’m seeing now, but I keep hoping the former man will come back. It’s like I love someone who doesn’t even exist.” – Jacqueline Simon Gunn
14. “I can’t figure out people; one minute they are inseparable, the next, they’re blocking each other on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.” – Unknown
15. “Never fall in love with stargazers – always with accelerated affection. Their love disappears in the blink of an eye like a shooting star.” – RS Cruz
16. “No matter what happens, don’t give all of your heart away; you will never know if he’s willing to take care of it for the rest of his life.” – Unknown
17. “Some people have no shame, they come to you, tell you how much they need you in their life, and then when they finally have you, they desert you and then leave you.” – Unknown
18. “You cannot convince people to love you. This is an absolute rule. No one will ever give you love because you want him or her to give it. Real love moves freely in both directions. Don’t waste your time on anything else.” –Cheryl Strayed
19. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.” – Nicholas Sparks
20. “I’ve found that falling in love doesn’t have anything to do with time. It can take a year or an instant. It happens when it’s ready to happen.” – Nora Roberts
21. “Falling out of love is hard, falling for betrayal is worse, broken trust and broken hearts.” – Unknown
Hadiah is a counselor who is passionate about supporting individuals on their journey towards mental well-being. Hadiah not only writes insightful articles on various mental health topics but also creates engaging and practical mental health worksheets.