This post contains some of the best negativity is contagious quotes.
Negativity Is Contagious Quotes
1. “Negativity is like a mould. As soon as it starts growing on you, you’ve got to cut it off.”— Ant Middleton
2. “That’s how powerful negativity is: it can take down a whole team.”— Ant Middleton
3. “If someone’s coming to you, draining the life out of you, stopping you getting where you need to be, cut them out. At the very least, you have to find a way of stopping that mould spreading.”— Ant Middleton
4. “In order to reach your highest potential, it is imperative that you remove all negative people from your life.” ― Germany Kent
5. “Don’t spread negativity, that stuff is contagious and ruins us. The good news is, positivity can also be contagious and it lifts us.” ― Joshua Neik
6. “If you allow the opinion of others to influence you, you will be doing great damage to yourself.
You see, some people have a little light and they will want to keep your own from shinning too bright.
The opinion of others is not a reflection of who you are but a reflection of who they are.
Don’t be influence by negativity.” ― Ojingiri Hannah
7. “Negativity is like being stung constantly by a thousand bees. At first it’s really annoying, but after a few more stings it becomes toxic.” ― James Jean-Pierre
8. “There are so many people who will tell you that you can’t do this, but you have to make sure that your voice isn’t going to be one of them.” ― Pooja Agnihotri
9. “Shut down negativity. It does not go with your outfit.” ― Germany Kent
10. “Negativity is the thing that, maybe more than any other factor, will put a limit on your ability to be the best version of yourself you can be.”— Ant Middleton
11. “It’s important to be alert to sources of negativity. Be aware of your environment. Challenge it. Ask yourself whether the chances are that if you go to see this person, or go to visit that place, you’ll come back feeling more positive or negative than when you left the house.”— Ant Middleton
12. “There is too much negativity in the world. Do your best to make sure you aren’t contributing to it.” ― Germany Kent
13. “A lot of people, when they’re confronted with negativity, absorb that negativity and it becomes their own.”— Ant Middleton
14. “Be careful not to let a negative social media life attract you to a dark way of thinking.” ― Germany Kent
15. “Other people’s negativity is their problem, not yours. Don’t let them load you up with their bad vibes.”— Ant Middleton
16. “Transcending negativity means more than “gratitude” or “optimism.” It means feeling good about your own actions in addition to appreciating what you receive. It means shifting flexibly between optimism and pessimism according to new information instead of sticking to patterns you wired in long ago.”— Loretta G. Breuning
17. “Stay away from unstable women. Women who have negative things to say about their exes should be avoided at all costs. Do not believe, for a moment, that you are special, better and different, because years later you will be that person she negatively remembers.” ― Jake Hollow
18. “We’re all energy sources. Some people radiate positive energy, others blast out negativity. Make sure you surround yourself with the most positive individuals you can.”— Ant Middleton
19. “Deal with your negative patterns before they become habits because habits are hard to break.” ― Germany Kent
20. “If you’re in a negative environment, get out of there. No good will come of staying put. All you’ll be doing is absorbing negativity yourself.”— Ant Middleton
21. “The good news is that you’re not doomed to negativity. There’s a way out. Everybody can train themselves to think positively and tackle negative situations with a positive mindset. It just takes a concerted effort.”— Ant Middleton
How Negativity Can Be Contagious?
Negativity can indeed be contagious due to various psychological and social factors.
When we are surrounded by negative people or exposed to negative situations, it can influence our thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
Here’s why negativity can spread:
1. Mirror neurons
Mirror neurons in our brains allow us to imitate others’ actions, emotions, and attitudes.
When we witness someone expressing negativity, our mirror neurons can activate, leading us to imitate and experience similar negative feelings.
2. Social learning
We learn and adapt from observing others in our environment.
If we consistently observe negative behavior or hear negative thoughts, it can shape our own perspectives and attitudes over time.
3. Emotional contagion
Emotions can be transmitted from one person to another through non-verbal cues, facial expressions, tone of voice, and body language.
If someone around us is expressing negativity, their emotional state can unconsciously impact our own feelings.
4. Cognitive biases
Our brains have a tendency to focus more on negative information due to a phenomenon known as negativity bias.
This bias makes negative experiences and information stand out more prominently in our minds, making it easier for negativity to capture our attention and influence our own thoughts.
As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive a commission from BetterHelp, at zero cost to you, if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.