This post contains some of the best affirmations for perfectionism.
What Are Affirmations?
Affirmations are every word you speak, be it positive or negative. That is all your self-talk is a stream of affirmations.
For instance, every complaint constitutes an affirmation of something you believe you don’t want. Every time you feel like a victim, you’re affirming that you want more victimhood in your life.
In other words, you are using affirmations and creating your life experiences whether you know it or not.
What Is Perfectionism?
It’s natural for most of us to strive to overcome our human imperfections
However, when we begin to expect nothing but perfection from ourselves and even others, perfectionism becomes problematic.
Perfectionism is imposing unrealistic standards and need to be perfect on yourself and sometimes even on others.
Related: Best 60 Perfectionism Quotes To Overcome Perfectionism
Affirmations For Perfectionism
1. Asking for help is a sign of strength and courage.
2. Done is better than perfect.
3. Good enough is good enough.
4. I accept compliments from people on my work.
5. I accept myself just as I am.
6. I accept others just as they are.
7. I acknowledge my accomplishments.
8. I am more than my achievements or failures.
9. I choose to enjoy the process.
10. I forgive myself when I make a mistake.
11. I give myself the permission to make mistakes and learn from them.
12. I love and accept myself the way I am.
Related: Top 20 Practical Ways to Overcome Toxic Perfectionism (& Get Things Done)
13. I release any excessive need to control.
14. I release negative self-talk and show myself more compassion.
15. I release the identity of being a Perfectionist.
16. I release unrealistic standards at work.
17. I treat people’s opinions of my work as opinions, not facts.
Related: How To Be Gentle With Yourself? Top 5 Ways To Practice Self-Compassion
18. I value learning more than being right.
19. I’m doing my best and that’s all I can ask of myself.
20. I’m more than my accomplishments.
21. It’s healthy to relax and have fun.
22. It’s okay to say no and set boundaries.
23. Mistakes are growth opportunities.
24. My wellbeing is more important than my accomplishments.
25. Relationships requires authenticity not perfection.
26. Slowing down helps me recharge.
27. My best is enough.
28. I choose to view everything I do as a potential learning opportunity.
29. I am confident. I am capable.
30. I value learning more than being right.
Related: Best 6 Ways to Let Go of Wanting to Control Everything
FREE Perfectionism Worksheets PDF
Affirmations are your way of saying to your subconscious mind: “I am taking charge.”
However, repeating affirmations to yourself is only part of the process. The secret to having your affirmations work is to act accordingly.