This post contains some of the best attention seeker quotes.
What Is Histrionic Personality Disorder?
The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition, Text Revision (DSM-5-TR) is the standard reference that therapists of all specialties use to diagnose mental disorders of all kinds.
According to the DSM-5-TR, Histrionic Personality Disorder is “a pervasive pattern of excessive emotionality and attention seeking, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
1. Is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention.
2. Interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior.
3. Displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions.
4. Consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self.
5. Has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail.
6. Shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion.
7. Is suggestible (i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances).
8. Considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are.”
Attention Seeker Quotes
1. “Approval is a lover who will always break your heart.” – Sammy Rhodes
2. “As I grow older, I pay less attention to what men say. I just want what they do.” – Andrew Carnegie
3. “As long as you look for someone else to validate who you are by seeking their approval, you are setting yourself up for disaster. You have to be whole and complete in yourself. No one can give you that. You have to know who you are- what others say is irrelevant.” – Nic Sheff
4. “Attention is a limited resource, so pay attention to where you pay attention.” – Howard Rheingold
5. “Attention seeking. Self centered, If you say so, only if it was true, she wouldn’t live in the fear of being alone.” – Unknown
Related: Am I Being Gaslighted Quiz (& How To Recover From Gaslighting In 10 Steps)
6. “Be yourself. Don’t worry about what other people are thinking of you.” – Phil Lester
7. “Freedom on the inside comes when validation from the outside doesn’t matter.” – Richie Norton
8. “Genuine people: They aren’t attention seekers. Fake people: They are desperate for attention.” – Unknown
9. “He who seeks only for applause from without has all his happiness in another’s keeping.” – Oliver Goldsmith
10. “I can’t stand when people do things simply for attention.” – Unknown
11. “I have no respect or sympathy for people who act like they’re the only one that’s going through something in life.” – Unknown
Related: The Narcissist’s Prayer Explained
12. “Keep your attention focused entirely on what is truly your own concern, and be clear that what belongs to others is their business and none of your.” – Epictetus
13. “Let’s have a moment of silence for all those people dying for attention.” – Unknown
14. “Needing approval is tantamount to saying, ‘Your view of me is more important than my own opinion of myself.’” – Wayne W. Dye
15. “Never be attention seekers. Maintain your dignity and go on with your life!” – Unknown
16. “Nothing beautiful asks for attention.” – Unknown
17. “People can become addicted to fame, money, and attention as deeply as they become addicted to drugs.” – Dennis Prager
18. “Stop looking outside for scraps of pleasure or fulfillment, for validation, security, or love – you have a treasure within that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.” – Eckhart Toller
19. “Stop worrying about approval and appreciation. Enjoy the beauty and effect of contributing to the universe.” – Debasish Mridha
Related: Top 50 Entitlement Quotes
20. “The better you feel about yourself, the less you feel the need to show off.” – Robert Hand
21. “The hunger for attention is an enemy of self-love.” – Edmond Mbiaka
22. “The only permission, the only validation, and the only opinion that matters in our quest for greatness is our own.” – Steve Maraboli
23. “The people who receive the most approval in life are the ones who care the least about it – so technically, if you want the approval of others, you need to stop caring about it.” – Wayne Dyer
24. “The reason when many people are on social media is because they want attention. It’s measured by the number of likes, views, retweets, comments etc. Remember, you don’t have to rely on others for your confidence and self-esteem. Disengage from seeking attention. Love yourself first!” – Mufti Menk
25. “The sun announces its presence with light, not words; do likewise.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
Related: How To Overcome Entitlement Mentality? Top 3 Proven Ways To Stop Being Entitled