This post contains some of the best entitlement quotes.
1. “A sense of entitlement is a cancerous thought process that is void of gratitude and can be deadly to our relationships.” – Steve Maraboli
2. “A sense of entitlement only justify your own selfishness leaving nothing more than sending a message that your behavior to disrespectful.” – Unknown
3. “A lot of [people have a sense of entitlement mentality that somebody else ought to do these things for them. People are mad at the government for not getting jobs for them. I don’t understand why it’s the government’s responsibility.” – Wayne Dyer
4. “A sense of entitlement will surely always guarantee you a seat at the victim’s eventually.” – Unknown
5. “Don’t feel entitled to anything you didn’t sweat and struggle for.” – Marian Wright Edelman
6. “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain
7. “Entitlement and gratitude cannot occupy the same space within.” – Christina Dawson
8. “Entitlement is a delusion built on self-centeredness and laziness.” – Unknown
9. “Entitlement is an expression of conditional love. Nobody is ever entitled to your love. You always have a right to protect your mental, emotional, and physical well-being by removing yourself from toxic people and circumstances.” – Dr. Janice Anderson & Kiersten Anderson
10. “Entitlement is lethal.” – Liev Schreiber
11. “Entitlement is simply the belief that you deserve something. Which is great. The hard part is, you’d better make sure you deserve it.” – Mindy Kaling
12. “Entitlement is the biggest enemy to our society.” – Jason Hartman
13. “Entitlement is the plague, that is eating up our society.” – Unknown
14. “Entitlement mentality is a danger to your peace. Nobody owes you anything, get up and take responsibility.” – Lois Ei-kojonwa
15. “Entitlement vs Responsibility: We wouldn’t blame our dentist when we don’t brush our teeth properly and we get cavities. So then, why do we think we can blame the teacher when our kids don’t pass because they didn’t study.” – Unknown
16. “Entitlements are not rights. People are not born with a claim on the property of others. Do you disagree? Tell me how much of what I earn ‘belongs’ to you and why.” – Unknown
17. “Everybody deserves love, but nobody is entitled to it.” – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
18. “Feeling entitled is the opposite of feeling grateful. Gratitude opens the heart, entitlement closes it.” – Paul Gibbons
19. “Gender shouldn’t grant you entitlements.” – Unknown
20. “Gratitude begins where my sense of entitlement ends.” – Steven Furtick
21. “Happiness is not an entitlement. Only its pursuit is. Happiness requires work.” – Unknown
22. “I do believe that I deserve what I have. I don’t think I’m entitled to it. That’s a big difference.” – Adam Levine
23. “Immature thinking: I deserve! I’m entitled! Pay my bills! Take care of me! Do not offend me! It’s really all about me! Mature thinking: I must earn. It’s about others. Challenge my views. I will buy my own stuff. Nobody owes me anything. I’m responsible for my success.” – Unknown
24. “Man is not, by nature, deserving of all that he wants. When we think that we are automatically entitled to something, that is when we start walking all over others to get it.” ― Criss Jami
25. “Nothing guarantees more the erosion of character than getting something for nothing.” – Dennis Prager
26. “People who are given whatever they want soon develop a sense of entitlement and rapidly lose their sense of proportion.” – Sarah Churchwell
27. “People who take more than their share usually feel an inflated sense of entitlement.” – Jeanne Phillips
28. “Pride and entitlement always go with unforgiveness. The longer you hold someone’s offense over them, the more likely you are to start feeling arrogant and entitled to your posture toward him.” – Will Davis Jr.
29. “Self-entitlement is something that is embraced by those who feel like something is owed to them because of their position and or whom they are. In reality, the very thing that you think that makes you important really means nothing when it’s all said and done.” – Unknown
30. “Service and gratitude will fuel your relationship; entitlement and expectation will poison you.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
31. “Success is not an entitlement. It has to be earned.” – Howard Schultz
32. “Successful people have a sense of gratitude. Unsuccessful people have a sense of entitlement.” – Steve Aitchison
33. “Teach your children gratefulness. Do all you can to deliver them from our culture’s poisonous entitlement mentality.” – Randy Alcorn
34. “Teach your children to work for the things that they want or they will never appreciate what they have. They will always expect everything to be given to them.” – Unknown
35. “Thankfulness eradicated entitlement.” – Perry Noble
36. “Thankfulness is difficult to express when one starts with an attitude of entitlement.” – Chris Tiegreen
37. “The bigger the sense of entitlement, the smaller the sense of gratitude.” – John Ortberg
38. “The problem with entitlement is that it makes people need to feel good about themselves all the time even at the expense of others around them.” – Mark Manson
39. “There is no entitlement. Love is either equal or a tragedy.” – Michael Robotham
40. “There’s no such thing as entitlement, unless someone has first met an obligation.” – Margaret Thatcher
41. “To raise grateful kids in an entitled world, it’s important to shift the focus off of ourselves and onto others because entitlement is always self-seeking.” – Unknown
42. “We do have a generation that, I think, we have raised with a great deal of entitlement… We’ve got to stop rewarding bad behavior in America. When people don’t work and produce, then they need to get kicked to the curb. Get a damn job. Carry your own weight.” – Dr. Phil
43. “We do not want to feed a sense of entitlement in other people. We do this by meeting their needs and giving to them when they don’t appreciate our actions or us in general!” – Unknown
44. “What separates privilege from entitlement is gratitude.” – Brene Brown
45. “When a parent shows up with an attitude of entitlement, understand that under it is a boatload of anxiety.” – Robert Evans
46. “When there’s expectation, without appreciation, you get entitled and ingratitude.” – Cheri Fogarty
47. “You can’t be grateful for what you feel entitled to.” – Chris Brown
48. “You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.” – Abraham Lincoln
49. “You need to stop doing things for someone when you find out it’s expected rather than appreciated.” – Unknown
50. “It is easy, when you are young, to believe that what you desire is no less than what you deserve, to assume that if you want something badly enough, it is your God-given right to have it.” ― Jon Krakauer
Related: Is My Mother A Narcissist Quiz
How To Deal With Entitlement And Entitled People?
Dealing with entitlement and entitled people can be challenging, but these tips may help:
1. Set Clear Boundaries
Don’t allow entitled people to take advantage of you. Be clear about what you will and won’t tolerate.
2. Communicate Assertively
When dealing with entitled people, be confident in communicating your needs and expectations. Use “I” statements and stick to the facts.
3. Avoid Getting Defensive
Entitled people often try to provoke a reaction from others. Don’t let their behavior get under your skin. Stay calm and composed.
4. Don’t Feed Into Their Entitlement
Refrain from pandering to an entitled person’s demands or fulfilling their every desire. This only reinforces their sense of entitlement.
Remember, it’s not your responsibility to cater to someone else’s sense of entitlement. Stick to your principles and values, and don’t let others take advantage of you.
As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive a commission from BetterHelp, at zero cost to you, if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.