This post contains some of the best failed relationship quotes.
Failed Relationship Quotes
1. “Stop giving yourself to people who don’t value you.” – Unknown
2. “I’d rather be happy and alone than with you and miserable.” – Unknown
3. “Relationships end, but they don’t end your life.” – Steve Martin
4. “Just because the relationship ended, doesn’t mean the feelings did.” – Unknown
5. “It’s better to be healthy alone than sick with someone else.” – Dr. Phil
6. “I TRIED – The sweetest thing you could ever say for a failed relationship.” – Unknown
7. “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.’” – Joel Osteen
8. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
9. “You still mean everything to me. You’re just not worth fighting for anymore.” – Unknown
10. “One of the hardest part of life is deciding whether to walk away or try harder.” – Unknown
11. “You realize that you fell for who you thought he was going to be, not who he was….”– Unknown
12. “Some people are meant to fall in love with each other, but not meant to be together.” – Unknown
13. “When you said you will be there for me, guess you meant only when times are good.” – Unknown
14. “There are no failed relationships. Every person in our lives has a life lesson to teach.” – Unknown
15. “If the relationship doesn’t make you a better person, then you are with the wrong one.” – Unknown
16. “It’s sad when you realize you aren’t as important to someone as you thought you were.” – Unknown
17. “Most relationships fail because couples fight with pride more than they work with love.” – Unknown
18. “You hurt me more than what I deserve because I loved you more than what you deserve.” – Unknown
19. “Relationships fail because of trust issues, commitment issues and communication issues.” – Unknown
20. “Relationship never dies a natural death…They are murdered by ego, attitude and ignorance…”– Unknown
21. “When you get into a bad relationship the best thing you can do is get out of it as soon you can.” – Unknown
22. “Every failed relationship is an opportunity for self growth and learning. So be thankful and move on.” – Unknown
23. “The majority of failed relationships are due to poor choices, ignoring signs, insecurities, and attitude.” – Unknown
24. “The hardest part is waking up in the morning, remembering what you were trying to forget last night.” – Unknown
25. “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically.” – Joel Osteen
26. “If you want a recipe for relationship failure, just wait for the other person to change first.”- Harriet Lerner
27. “The only thing worse than being in a bad relationship for one year is being in it for a year and a day.” – Dr. Phil
28. “Most relationships fail because one person was being loved too much and the other wasn’t being loved enough.” – Unknown
29. “The greatest mistake we humans make in our relationships; we listen half, understand quarter, think zero and react double.” – Unknown
30. “When you end up happily married, even the failed relationships have worked beautifully to get you there.” – Julia Roberts
31. “Relationships fail because people take their own insecurities and try and twist them into their partner’s flaws.” – Baylor Barbee
32. “When someone tells you they are too “busy”, it’s not a reflection of their schedule; it’s a reflection of your spot on their schedule.” – Unknown
33. “Without communication, there is no relationship. Without respect, there is no love. Without trust, there’s no reason to continue.” – Unknown
34. “Sometimes you don’t need to hear their excuses or what they have to say for themselves because their actions already spoke the truth.” – Unknown
35. “All failed relationships hurt, but losing someone who doesn’t appreciate and respect you is actually a gain, not a loss. Know your worth.” – Unknown
36. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
37. “The problem with relationships today is that everyone has been so screwed over by an ex that they’re afraid to let their guard down again.” – Unknown
38. “It is better for someone to break your heart once by leaving your life, than for them to stay in your life and break your heart continually.” – Unknown
39. “Most relationships fail not because of the absence of love. Love is always present. It’s just that one loves too much and the other too little.” – Unknown
40. “Lots of relationships fail because we spend more time pointing out each others mistakes and not enough time enjoying each others company.” – Unknown
41. “There’s nothing worse than walking around and talking about your failed relationship, all day, every day, for months on end.” – Max Greenfield
42. “Some people will never understand the sacrifices you’re making for them until you stop making them. Don’t continue to be where you’re not appreciated.” – Unknown
43. “At the end of the day I have always seen the end of my relationships as a personal failure. There is nothing ever pretty in saying goodbye.”- Elisabetta Canalis
44. “The success or failure of any relationship depends not just on how we feel about each other, but on how we make each other feel about ourselves.”- Tonya Hurley
45. “Remember there’s a purpose to every failed relationship. The purpose isn’t to encourage you to lower your expectations, but to raise your standards.” – Robert Tew
46. “We failed to see relationships that we should have. We failed to communicate from one agency to the other. Those are part of what we are learning today.” – Bob Graham
47. “Relationships end, but they don’t end your life. But people do often spending more time finding out about failed relationships than finding successful ones.” – Steve Martin
48. “She realized, when relationships failed to last, it was not because love was no longer present, but because people had stopped believing in themselves and in their partners.” – Christina Westover
49. “People should not judge failed love affairs as failed experiences but as part of the growth process. Something does not have to end well for it to have been one of the most valuable experiences of a lifetime.” – Ethel Person
50. “In terms of relationships, I’ve had two failures, although I don’t like to call them failures; they are self learning, and I cannot say I regret any of my relationships. I’ve always said that I am a much loved woman.”- Kate del Castillo
51. “Most relationships tend to fail, however it’s not because of the absence of love, because love is always present. It’s just that one person was loving too much and the other wasn’t loving enough. So, if you love someone, tell them and show them.” – Unknown
52. “Don’t break up. Fix the problem. Start the romance again. Go on dates again. Work on winning each other over again. This is why there are so many failed relationships. If you love each other and are best friends then breaking up is not the answer.”– Unknown
53. “I learned something from a string of failed relationships. You don’t see a pattern quickly. You see it over time. I learned to stop jumping in at the first sign of attraction. As soon as you’re attracted to someone, you go for it – whether or not it’s a good idea. Basically, just going out and getting laid.” – James McAvoy
54. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us. When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Unknown
55. “Life has taught me that you can’t control someone’s loyalty. No matter how good you are to them, doesn’t mean they’ll treat you the same. No matter how much they mean to you, doesn’t mean they’ll value you the same. Sometimes the people you love the most, turn out to be the people you can trust the least.” – Trent Shelton
56. “If we knew how broken we would be after a failed relationship, we wouldn’t have put in much love. But what hurts most is, everything seems beautiful from the start, so all we could do was to enhance upon it’s beauty to a perfection. Not knowing each togetherness has it’s own coupled purpose. “Know the purpose of every relationship.” – Jeffery Kwakye
57. “Failed relationships can be described as so much wasted makeup. Forget the laughs, forget the fights, forget the sex, forget the jealousy. But take off your hat and observe a moment’s silence for the legions of unknown tubes of foundation, mascara, eyeliner, blusher and lipstick who died that it might all have been possible. But who died in vain.” – Marian Keyes
58. “The more chances you give someone the less respect they’ll start to have for you. They’ll begin to ignore the standards that you’ve set because they’ll know another chance will always be given. They’re not afraid to lose you because they know no matter what you won’t walk away. They get comfortable with depending on your forgiveness. Never let a person get comfortable disrespecting you.” – Unknown
59. “…there was nothing left of their shared past. It was like trying to retrace a footprint left behind on wet ground.” ― Tessa Harris
60. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
How To Move On From A Failed Relationship?
Moving on from a failed relationship can be a challenging process, but it is essential for your emotional and mental well-being.
Here are some steps you can take to help you move on:
1. Allow Yourself To Grieve: It is normal to feel sad, angry or hurt after a breakup. Give yourself permission to express those emotions and grieve the loss of the relationship.
2. Cut Off Contact: It may be tempting to keep in touch with your ex-partner, but it can make it harder to move on. Consider cutting off contact, at least for a while, to give yourself space and time to heal.
3. Focus On Self-Care: Make self-care a priority. Take care of your physical health by eating well, exercising and getting enough rest, and nurture your emotional well-being by doing things that make you happy, like hobbies, spending time with friends and family.
4. Reflect On The Relationship: Take time to reflect on what went wrong in the relationship and what you could learn from it. This can help you avoid making the same mistakes in future relationships.
5. Seek Support: Surround yourself with positive and supportive people who can help you through the healing process. You can also consider seeking professional therapy or counseling.
Remember, healing takes time, so be patient with yourself and focus on one day at a time. Eventually, you will be able to move on and find happiness again.
As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive a commission from BetterHelp, at zero cost to you, if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.