This post contains some of the best family isn’t always blood quotes.
Family Isn’t Always Blood Quotes
1. “Blood relatives often have nothing to do with family, and similarly, family is about who you choose to make your life with.” – Oliver Hudson
2. “Family does not necessarily mean blood relatives but often a description of a community, organization or nation.” – Queen Elizabeth JJ
3. “Family first always, but when family chooses to lie, manipulate and cover up, at my expense, they aren’t family anymore. Blood isn’t everything.” – Unknown
4. “Being family is determined more by behavior than blood.” – Unknown
5. “Family isn’t always blood, it’s the people in your life who want you in theirs: the ones who accept you for who you are, the ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what.” – Maya Angelou
6. “Family is not always blood relative, It’s about the person who stand with you in your hard time, share your happiness and problems.” – Aryan Singh
7. “Family is not always by blood. It is by heart.” – Soumen Das
8. “Family isn’t always about blood. Sometimes you just recognize someone. That’s how it was with your gran and me. We were kin. A special kind of kin.” – Barbara Davis
9. “Family isn’t always blood, baby,” he said, I was lucky enough to have a woman take me as her child and teach me what family really is. We didnt have much, but we had each other.” – Christine Feehan
10. “Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs, the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and who love you no matter what. So be thankful for what you have.” – Unknown
11. “Family is more than blood.” – Unknown
12. “Blood doesn’t make family, love does.” – Unknown
13. “Being genetically related doesn’t make you family.” – Unknown
14. “You don’t have to have the same blood to be family.” – Unknown
15. “Just because we’re not blood-related doesn’t mean you’re not family to me.” – Unknown
16. “Family is not flesh and blood. It’s time, love, caring and sharing. That’s family.” – Unknown
17. “Family isn’t about whose blood you carry. It’s about who you love and who loves you back.” – Unknown
18. “Family is often born of blood, but it doesn’t depend on blood. Nor it is exclusive of friendship.” – Unknown
19. “I don’t care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching. They are your family.” – Unknown
20. “Family isn’t always the one you’re born into. Sometimes it’s about people who get into your blood, inside your heart, and under your skin all on their own.” – L.H. Cosway
21. “Family isn’t just about whose blood runs through your veins. It’s about who never left your side, stood up for you and believed in you.” – Adrian Body
22. “For my own family, I would always choose the makeshift, surrogate family formed by various characters unrelated by blood.” – Anne Tyler
23. “Her family may not share her blood, but family wasn’t just about blood. It was about love and trust. It was about the people who would always be there, supporting and encouraging, no matter what mistakes she made or how tough life got.” – Ashley Stoyanoff
24. “In your twenties, you realise that blood doesn’t always mean family and home is not a place.” – A.Davis
25. “It is not always about flesh and blood but the heart which makes the family. Call them your kin, your unit, your home, your folks, whatever name you call them. Thank God for those who make us feel like we belong and who accepts us like family.” – Brigitte Nicole
26. “Loving your neighbors is to be a family and is far beyond DNA connection. Blood may be thicker than water, but love, kindness, trust and ability to empathize with each other in the face of every adversity is what we should call my family.” – Kemmy Nola
Related: Childhood Emotional Neglect Test
27. “Real family does not come from your blood. It is the people standing beside you when no one else is.” – Nishan Panwar
28. “Sometimes, the people closest to you betray you, and your home isn’t a place you can be happy anymore. It’s hard but it’s true.” – P.C. Cast
29. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.” – Richard Bach
30. “Your family, your real family, will always welcome you home with open arms. Anyone who says you can lose their love isn’t really family, no matter what blood says.” – Seanan McGuire
What Makes A Family Other Than Blood?
A family can be created through bonds of love, trust, and mutual support.
Families can be formed through shared experiences, common interests, and a deep sense of connection between individuals.
Family is not solely defined by blood relations, but rather by the relationships we form with people who become our closest allies, confidants, and companions throughout our lives.
Some examples of non-blood families can include close friends, co-workers, partners, or even members of a community or social group.
Ultimately, family is about the people who stand by us through thick and thin, offering unconditional love, acceptance, and support.
As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive a commission from BetterHelp, at zero cost to you, if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.