This post contains some of the best negativity in the workplace quotes.
Negativity In The Workplace Quotes
1. “A number of men have said, “I steer clear of silly catfights.” Other managers, both male and female, say that they expect staff to resolve their own interpersonal problems, and do not intervene.” – Meredith Fuller
2. “Bullying is when people (male or female) repeatedly and intentionally use words or actions against someone or a group of people to cause distress and harm to their well-being.” – Meredith Fuller
3. “If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail. Or is it “If you plan to fail, you fail to plan”? Who knows! Either way, you should plan to keep your coworkers at arm’s length if you want to avoid ending up in an uncomfortable situation. And the best way to do that is by establishing clear boundaries—which you will never actually enforce because you, at your core, are a moral coward.” – Ken Kupchik
4. “In today’s interconnected world, many companies expect you to be at their beck and call twenty-four hours a day. Without boundaries, you may never get a reprieve from your company’s oppressive grasp.” – Ken Kupchik
5. “It’s important to understand that dating someone you work with is a risky proposition. Not only are you playing at the edges of what the stuffy human resources department will allow, you’re also combining your personal and professional lives, which is never something to take lightly” – Ken Kupchik
6. “Most people in the work force might not know exactly what constitutes bullying, but there’s no doubt that workplace education and media attention have contributed to increased awareness.” – Meredith Fuller
7. “Once you have become clear about the health and well-being costs of staying in your current work situation, the question “Should I stay or should I go?” needs careful consideration in light of those costs.” – Meredith Fuller
8. “One in ten think that their employer has treated them differently in a negative way because of their age.” – Cary Cooper
9. “Social media adds complexity to workplace dynamics and can create problems that otherwise wouldn’t exist.” – Ken Kupchik
10. “Some women are bullies. These women get off on exercising the power they have over others. Bullies revel in the put-down, a raised voice, and the deliberate undermining of projects as tools to get what they want. Their goal might be an upcoming promotion, the boss’s favor, or just the simple joy of hurting others, but the only difference in how men and women bully is in the details of the method, not the intent or the reasons.” – Meredith Fuller
11. “Taken to an extreme, a leader souped up on dopamine and testosterone may reward employees who exhibit the “dark triad” of narcissism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy—and punish those who react negatively to extreme stress. Think Don Draper in Mad Men. This creates a toxic work environment that turns off employees with other neurosignatures. They’ll suffer in silence, or they’ll quit.” – Friederike Fabritius
Hadiah is a counselor who is passionate about supporting individuals on their journey towards mental well-being. Hadiah not only writes insightful articles on various mental health topics but also creates engaging and practical mental health worksheets.