This post contains some of the best relationship silence quotes.
Relationship Silence Quotes
1. “He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” ― Elbert Hubbard
2. “Don’t you hate that? Uncomfortable silence. Why do we feel it’s necessary to talk about stupid stuff in order to feel comfortable? That’s when you know you’ve found somebody really special. When you can just shut the hell up for a minute and comfortably share a silence and look into their eyes.” — Unknown
3. “We fell into silence, both of us keeping our own secrets of what we’d suffered in the other’s absence. I wondered if we were trying to protect each other or simply didn’t want to admit to our own fears and weaknesses.” ― Richelle Mead
4. “Silence is pure and holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking.” ― Nicholas Sparks
5. “Silence falls, pulsing with the truth of what I’ve learned and what Dean has yet to acknowledge. Our relationship, our love, cannot and will never be perfect. It will, however, always belong only to us in all its flawed, intense beauty. Perfect in its very imperfection.” ― Nina Lane
6. “It is more noble by silence to avoid an injury than by argument to overcome it.” ― Francis Beaumont
7. “Don’t force someone to remember you all the time. Just stay silent let them realize how they will be without you in their life.” — Unknown
8. “There are numerous fruitful couples on the planet, and every one of them know the significance of quietness.” — Unknown
9. “I need someone who is comfortable with my silence.” — Unknown
10. “If there were a little more silence, if we all kept quiet…maybe we could understand something.” ― Federico Fellini
11. “Just close your eyes and come and meet me in that place where we can share the music of our silence” ― Mimi Novic
12. “The best part of silence is that the ego is switched off at least for a while, and we are focusing our attention inwards.” ― Dada J. P. Vaswani
Getting Back Together After Separation Prompts
When Relationship Silence Hurts Quotes
13. “A woman’s silence says it all. Her silence & lack of expression means that she’s reached her breaking point!” — Unknown
14. “The space between two people can only be permeated by silence and not words.” — Unknown
15. “You hesitate to stab me with a word, and know not – silence is the sharper sword.” ― Samuel Johnson
16. “We don’t need to argue and scream at the top of our voice every time; sometime saying nothing can say a lot of things for you.” — Unknown
17. “Staying silent is like a slow growing cancer to the soul and a trait of a true coward. There is nothing intelligent about not standing up for yourself. You may not win every battle. However, everyone will at least know what you stood for – you.” ― Shannon L. Alder
18. “The longer the silence remains untouched the longer the miscommunication creates its own stories.” ― Christina Strigas
19. “Words can hurt one’s feelings. But silence, it can damage a person. Silence speaks louder than you’ll ever know.” — Unknown
20. “Sometimes we maintain silence to protect a beautiful relation, but what we forget is, too much of silence can create distance in every beautiful relation.” — Unknown
21. “Sometimes a fight saves a relationship, where silence breaks it. Speak up for your heart, so that you won’t have regrets.” — Unknown
22. “Distance doesn’t separate people…silence does.” ― Jeff Hood
23. “Silence (in a relationship) is never your friend. Communication is the pathway to healing and growth.” ― Ilya Atani
24. “Silence doesn’t mean yes…it can mean I’m tired of explaining to people who refuse to understand.” — Unknown
25. “Sometimes silence can be beautiful. But you should try to communicate openly with your loved ones and pour your heart into the ears of understanding.” ― Mwanandeke Kindembo
26. “Silence is always golden but it becomes imitation junk when communication breaks between relationships.” ― Amit Abraham
27. “The policy of self-isolation and continuous silence are the greatest destroyers of marriage and relationship.” ― Mwanandeke Kindembo
28. “The silence stretched out between us as I stared at him, the tears blurring my vision as I waited for him to save me from this torment. Surely he could find a way.” ― Kathryn Michaels
29. “Staying quiet doesn’t always mean “I’m agreeing with you.” It sometimes means “I don’t think it’s worth arguing with you.” ― Mouloud Benzadi
30. “Silence can have tremendous healing power, but this should not be confused with loneliness.” ― Itayi Garande
How To Break Silence In A Relationship?
Breaking silence in a relationship can be difficult, but here are some tips that may help:
1. Take responsibility: Acknowledge that the silence is hurting the relationship and take responsibility for your role in it.
2. Express your feelings: Communicate honestly and openly about how you are feeling. Share your thoughts, fears, and concerns with your partner.
3. Listen to each other: Make sure that both you and your partner have the opportunity to speak and be heard. Try to see things from their perspective and be understanding of their feelings.
4. Find common ground: Look for areas of agreement or shared interests that can help bring you closer together.
5. Seek professional help: If you are having trouble breaking the silence on your own, consider seeking the help of a therapist or counselor who can work with you and your partner to improve communication and repair your relationship.
Remember, breaking the silence requires effort and patience, but it is worth it in the end to maintain a healthy and happy relationship.
As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive a commission from BetterHelp, at zero cost to you, if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.