This post contains some of the best falling out of love quotes.
Falling Out Of Love Quotes
1. “I loved her for so long. Our past trails behind us like a comet’s tail, the future stretched out before us like the universe. Things happen. People get lost and love breaks.”- Jonathan Tropper
2. “I guess that’s what saying good-bye is always like–like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you’re in the air, there’s nothing you can do but let go.”- Lauren Oliver
3. “Falling out of love does not happen overnight. It is through negligence or out of tolerance—things that should have been addressed in the beginning when it poses a threat to the stability of the relationship.” – Unknown
4. “How do you know when it’s over?” “Maybe when you feel more in love with your memories than with the person standing in front of you.”― Gunnar Ardelius
Related: Yellow Flags In A Relationship
5. “Falling out of love is hard, falling for betrayal is worse, broken trust and broken hearts.” – Unknown
6. “You fell out of love, and that’s okay, but you didn’t have to fall off of the face of the earth.” – Unknown
7. “Sometimes feelings go out of sight and we still find a hope to get them back.”- Raj Singh
8. “Loving you was easy. Hating you was hard. Falling out was insane.” ― Dominic Riccitello
9. “Falling out of love is very enlightening. For a short while you see the world with new eyes.” – Unknown
10. “When you fall out of love, you keep looking for the smallest flaws to make your decision reasonable.” – Unknown
11. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.”- Nicholas Sparks
12. “Falling out of love is chiefly a matter of forgetting how charming someone is.”- Iris Murdoch
13. “Somebody falls in love, somebody breaks a heart. We never fell in love we only fell apart.”- Papa Roach
14. “No one ever plans on falling in love with someone, same as no one plans to fall out of love with someone.” – Unknown
15. “I learned a lot about falling in love when I fell out of love. I learned a lot about being a friend when I was alone.” – Unknown
16. “And you left your mark on me… With the destruction of us, finally, we became no one.”- Nadège Richards
17. “Falling out of love isn’t true, it’s an excuse of those who woke up and realized they never really loved.”- Ana Luciana
18. “Falling out of love is a consequence of failure to address recurring problems of two people who avoids talking about.” – Unknown
19. “The saddest thing ever is when you both loved each other, and then one day, one fell out of love and left the other still in love.” – Unknown
20. “It is best to just let it go even if you really want to stay. It is not much of a relationship if it is just you who wants to stay and only you.” – Unknown
21. “Don’t sell yourself short. If it is not working any more, it will never work. Your temporary happiness will never be enough to assure you a long and lasting love.” – Unknown
22. “We walked to meet each other up at the time of our love and then we have been irresistibly drifting in different directions, and there’s no altering that.”- Leo Tolstoy
23. “Well, now if little by little you stop loving me I shall stop loving you. Little by little if suddenly you forget me do not look for me for I shall already have forgotten you.”- Pablo Neruda
24. “Falling in love is easy, staying in love is a different story.” – Unknown
25. “Some people just fall out of love because they let life happen.” – Unknown
26. “He was the love of my life, but life moves on.”- Dominic Riccitello
27. “Falling in love is awfully simple, but falling out of love is simply awful.” – Unknown
28. “It’s hard to forget someone whom you’ve imagined spending forever with.” – Unknown
29. “Sometimes couples drift apart just because they used the wrong tone of voice.” – Unknown
30. “I chose to love her because it was worth it, but she stopped choosing to love me.” – Unknown
31. “Falling out of love is the absence of communication, both in heart mind and words.” – Unknown
32. “Falling out of love is like losing weight. It’s a lot easier putting it on than taking it off.” – Unknown
33. “One bad relationship could make you never want to fall in love again.”- Ally Mbululo
34. “When one is in love, one always begins by deceiving one’s self, and one always ends by deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.” – Oscar Wilde
35. “Somewhere we went wrong. We were once so strong.” – Unknown
36. “I guess that’s what saying good-bye is always like–like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you’re in the air, there’s nothing you can do but let go.” – Lauren Oliver
37. “Sometimes you don’t know how much you loved someone until you start falling out of love with them. Because you start falling out of love with them in a million different ways, and you go, “Wow, I didn’t even know I loved that person in that way.” And so, a million ways of falling out makes you realize the million ways that you fell in. Then you end up falling in love with those many ways that you’re falling out of love. It’s the worst. You never really escape from that kind of love, do you?” – C. JoyBell C.
38. “There’s always a moment when you start to fall out of love, whether it’s with a person or an idea or a cause, even if it’s one you only narrate to yourself years after the event: a tiny thing, a wrong word, a false note, which means that things can never be quite the same again.” – Douglas Adams
39. “It was so awful and weird. I could see all the things I had loved about him, I could see them, but I didn’t love them anymore.” – Lily King
40. “Love arrives exactly when Love is supposed to and Love leaves exactly when Love must. When Love arrives, say, ‘Welcome. Make yourself comfortable.’ If Love leaves, ask her to leave the door open behind her. Turn off the music. Listen to the quiet. Whisper, ‘Thank you for stopping by.’” – Sarah Kay
Why Do People Fall Out Of Love?
There are many reasons why people fall out of love, including:
1. Lack of communication: Communication is essential in any relationship. A lack of communication can lead to misunderstandings, resentment, and a loss of emotional connection.
2. Differences in values and goals: Relationships are built on shared values and goals. When two people have different values or goals, it can create tension and distance between them.
3. Infidelity: Cheating can break the trust and intimacy in a relationship, making it harder for people to reconnect emotionally.
4. Changing priorities: As people grow and change, their priorities and interests can also shift. One person may prioritize their career over their relationship, creating distance and tension in the partnership.
5. Neglect: Over time, it’s easy for people to take their partner for granted and neglect the emotional needs and intimacy that was once present in the relationship.
Every relationship is unique. Falling out of love can happen for a variety of reasons, and it’s important for both partners to communicate openly and honestly with each other to understand each other’s needs and feelings.
As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive a commission from BetterHelp, at zero cost to you, if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.