The end of relationships is never easy.
Even though we know that it’s probably for the best, we still hurt and find it struggle to move on.
This is grief. And grief is never about the logic.
It is important to allow yourself to hurt and feel sad before you can make the transition.
One thing you want to keep in mind is that you won’t always feel this way.
Every day, it’ll get a little lighter, until one day, you’ll wake up and it won’t hurt anymore.
End Of Relationship Quotes
1. “It takes bravery to end a relationship.” – Leona Lewis
2. “Love is unconditional, relationships are not.”- Grant Gudmundson
3. “Pleasure of love lasts but a moment, Pain of love lasts a lifetime.”- Bette Davis
4. “One of the saddest thing about ending a relationship, is losing your best friend.”- Unknown
5. “Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience.”- Victoria Holt
6. “Celebrate endings – for they precede new beginnings.”- Jonathan Lockwood Huie
7. “You learn more about someone at the end of a relationship than at the beginning.” – Unknown
8. “Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve.” – Unknown
9. “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” – Marilyn Monroe
10. “Some things break your heart but fix your vision.” – Unknown
11. “Nothing hurts more than being disappointed by the one person who you thought would never hurt you.” — Gugu Mofokeng
12. “The loss of love is not nearly as painful as our resistance to accepting it is.”- Tigress Luv
13. “If love breaks more than a heart, maybe it’s a sign and time to step out.”- Anthony Liccione
14. “Just because a relationship ends, it doesn’t mean it’s not worth having.”- Sarah Mlynowski
15. “If you are not sure where you stand with someone, then it might be time to start walking.” – Unknown
16. “Look and see and realize that the world is better without him in it, you were right to end it.” – Unknown
17. “I let my world revolve around you when I should not have and so now I am suffering alone.” – Unknown
18. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.”- Hermen Hesse
19. “The thing is that love eventually dies, if the flame is not kept tended to and that is truly sad.” – Unknown
20. “You changed and so did I and realized that we are just not made for each other, simple as it.” – Unknown
21. “I think that the best thing that I have learned from you is that I can still survive after you too.” – Unknown
22. “Ever has it been that loves knows not its own death until the hour of separation.”- Khalil Gibran
23. “To meet, to know, to love and then to part, is the sad tale of many a heart.”- Samuel Taylor Coleridge
24. “Relationships end too soon because people stop putting the same effort to keep you as they did to win you.” – Unknown
25. “You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them … but still move on without them.”- Mandy Hale
26. “End the relationships and cry once, believe me it’s better than being with them and crying daily….” – Chandramoy Indu
27. “Just because a relationship ends doesn’t mean two people stopped loving each other. They just stopped hurting each other.” – Unknown
28. “Relationships are never a waste of time. They might fail to bring you what you want but they end up teaching you what you don’t want.” – Unknown
29. “Relationships end, but they don’t end your life. But people do often spending more time finding out about failed relationships than finding successful ones.”- Steve Martin
30. “Stop looking at the end of a relationship as a failure. leaving it behind can be a courageous choice – and an opportunity for you to be honest and authentic.” – Georgia Kolias
31. “Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withering, of tarnishing.”- Anais Nin
32. “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” – Nicholas Sparks
33. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
34. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
35. “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” – Steve Maraboli
36. “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” – Shannon L. Alder
37. “It’s better to be healthy alone than sick with someone else” – Phil McGraw
38. “I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term?” – Nicholas Sparks
39. “You don’t walk out of a breakup empty-handed. Every breakup teaches a lesson. Find yours.” – Unknown
40. “Don’t cling to a mistake just because you spent a long time making it.” – Unknown
41. “Don’t let someone who isn’t worth your love make you forget how much you are worth.” – Unknown
42. “It’s better to be single with a standard than losing yourself for approval.” – Unknown
43. “Definition of Ex: Thanks for the Ex-perience. Our time has Ex-pired. Now, Ex-it my life.” – Unknown
44. “Sometimes, I don’t know what haunts me more. The memories of you… or the happy person I used to be.” — Ranata Suzuki
45. “You don’t die from a broken heart. You only wish you did.” – Unknown
46. “Someday it’s gonna make sense.” —Michael Learns to Rock
47. “How do you know when it’s over?” “Maybe when you feel more in love with your memories than with the person standing in front of you.” —Gunnar Ardelius
48. “Breakups can be sad, but sometimes tears are the price we pay for a freedom we need.”― Steve Maraboli
49. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” — Mark Twain
50. “The hardest thing is not talking to someone you used to talk to every day.”—SumNan
Affordable Online Therapy: Do You Need Professional Help?
Visit Online-Therapy.com Today
Can’t Afford Therapy?
Our Worksheets Will Help Support Your Mental Health
If you feel suicidal, please check out this list of hotlines.
A small request – Please share this post if you like it!
1 share helps this post reach more people and help us grow.