This post contains some of the best “Love is hard quotes”.
Love Is Hard Quotes
1. “But in a solitary life, there are rare moments when another soul dips near yours, as stars once a year brush the earth. such a constellation was he to me.” – Madeline Miller
2. “Falling in love is easy, staying in love is a different story.” – Unknown
3. “I don’t regret meeting you, but I wish I had never fallen in love with you.” – Unknown
4. “One bad relationship could make you never want to fall in love again.”- Ally Mbululo
5. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.”- Nicholas Sparks
6. “Falling in love can be scary if you are not sure that the person who promised to catch you will do.” – Unknown
7. “Love should always be reciprocal. Once the other one remiss of his obligations, it is time to rescind.” – Unknown
8. “Being with someone you no longer love and still doing all acts of love is like being a zombie that says I love you on command.” – Unknown
Related: Top 40 Healthy Relationship Quotes
9. “I cannot just give you my heart. You can never insure love; once I give it to you, it is yours forever. And if you choose to break it, it will be broken forever.” – Unknown
10. “Do not waste your love on someone who is not willing to reciprocate that same love for you. You are not made to live a life as a martyr unless that is what you are.” – Unknown
11. “Knowing how to be solitary is central to the art of loving. When we can be alone, we can be with others without using them as a means of escape.” — Bell Hooks
12. “If you learn to take your time, you will find that jumping into a relationship is not the answer to your happiness. You will constantly fall out of love every single time.” – Unknown
13. “Falling in love is a death wish. By falling in love, you have given him the power to take your heart and keep it in his hands until he gets tired of it and throws it out of nowhere.” – Unknown
14. “If you keep falling in and out of love with the same person, congratulations, you might just have found the one person who you can spend your life falling in and out of love with over and over again.” – Unknown
15. “Don’t sell yourself short. If it is not working anymore, it will never work. Your temporary happiness will never be enough to assure you a long and lasting love.” – Unknown
Related: Relationship Red Flags Quiz
16. “The only thing more unthinkable than leaving was staying; the only thing more impossible than staying was leaving. I didn’t want to destroy anything or anybody. I just wanted to slip quietly out the back door, without causing any fuss or consequences, and then not stop running until I reached Greenland.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
17. “Amidst all the negative notions about love, I still choose to fall in love, even if it kills me.”– Unknown
18. “Everyone keeps telling me that time heals all wounds, but no one can tell me what I’m supposed to do right now. Right now I can’t sleep. It’s right now that I can’t eat. Right now I still hear his voice and sense his presence even though I know he’s not here. Right now all I seem to do is cry. I know all about time and wounds healing, but even if I had all the time in the world, I still don’t know what to do with all this hurt right now.” – Nina Guilbeau
19. “I’ve never loved the wrong person, but I have loved the right people at the wrong time. The wrong life. The wrong moment.” ― Dominic Riccitello
20. “If your parents left you, it doesn’t mean that other people will also do it to you.” – Olga Goa
21. “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get – only with what you are expecting to give – which is everything.” – Katharine Hepburn
Related: Yellow Flags In A Relationship
22. “Love doesn’t please itself by seeking revenge. Love sacrifices itself for the good of others.” —Kerrelyn Sparks
23. “The prime quality of true love is it doesn’t seek revenge. Love sacrifices itself for the betterment of others.” Unknown
24. “You can sacrifice and not love. But you cannot love and not sacrifice.” —Kris Vallotton
25. “Love sacrifices all things to bless the thing it loves.” —Edward Bulwer-Lytton
26. “Love without sacrifice is like theft.” ―Nassim Nicholas Taleb
27. “Love is not a feeling of happiness. Love is a willingness to sacrifice.” ―Michael Novak
28. “Selfless giving does not imply superiority. Selfless giving is about love.” —Frederick Lenz
29. “True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice.” —Sadhu Vaswani
30. “Everyone comes with baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack.” — Sayings
31. “Love between man and woman cannot be built without sacrifices and self-denial.” — Pope John Paul II
32. “Not all of us are called to die a martyr’s death, but all of us are called to have the same spirit of self-sacrifice and love to the very end as these martyrs had.” — Richard Wurmbrand
33. “No one can remain married today because they are not married to the one they love, they are married to their sacrifice, and pretending to love is too damned painful. Love and build, love and work, love and fight. Always love first. Anything placed before love will fail.” — Sister Souljah
34. “Love proves itself by deeds, so how am I to show my love? Great deeds are forbidden me. The only way I can prove my love is by scattering flowers and these flowers are every little sacrifice, every glance and word, and the doing of the least actions for love.” — Therese of Lisieux
35. “Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about.” — Unknown
36. “Marriage is not a simple love affair, it’s an ordeal, and the ordeal is the sacrifice of ego to a relationship in which two have become one.” — Joseph Campbell
37. “The selfless love that we give to others, to the point of being willing to sacrifice our lives for them, is all the proof I need that human beings are not mere animals of self-interest. We carry within us a divine spark, and if we chose to recognize it, our lives have dignity, meaning, hope.” — Dean Koontz
Why Love Is Hard?
Love can be hard because it involves opening yourself up to vulnerability and the possibility of getting hurt.
It also requires patience, compromise, and understanding, which can be difficult to maintain in the face of challenges and disagreements.
Societal and cultural expectations around love and relationships can also create pressure and stress.
However, with effort, communication, and a willingness to work through difficulties, love can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience.
Hadiah is a counselor who is passionate about supporting individuals on their journey towards mental well-being. Hadiah not only writes insightful articles on various mental health topics but also creates engaging and practical mental health worksheets.