This post contains some of the best journal prompts for narcissistic abuse.
Journaling is a useful tool to work through your feelings and find relief.
If you don’t know how to journal, using prompts can help you get the ball rolling and make journaling easier.
What Is Narcissistic Abuse?
Narcissistic abuse is a form of emotional abuse done by someone with narcissistic tendencies.
Narcissistic abuse can undermine the victim’s self-confidence and make them question their own perceptions.
It can destroy the victim from the inside out.
Narcissistic abuse may include:
- Criticism (insults, name-calling),
- Hostility (yelling, verbal aggression),
- Intimidation (posturing, threats),
- Silent treatment
Related: The Narcissist’s Prayer Explained
Journal Prompts For Narcissistic Abuse
1. What signs of narcissistic abuse have you seen and how did they affect you?
2. Did anyone warn you about this relationship being toxic? What would you have done differently if you knew about narcissistic abuse?
3. Did you stand up for yourself when you were treated poorly? Why or why not?
4. What behavior or situations trigger painful memories?
Related: Narcissistic Relationship Pattern (+ 14 Tips On How To Deal With Narcissistic Relationship Patterns)
5. Write about your feelings of anger. Write a list of everything you feel angry about.
6. How can you show yourself acceptance and love throughout your healing journey?
7. Do you have anyone who can understand what you’ve been through and offer support?
8. What do you need to forgive yourself for?
9. Write a list of positive mantras to repeat to yourself every day to help you release the past and heal.
10. What can you do today to bring greater peace into your life?
Related: 5 Weird Things Covert Narcissists Do To Manipulate Their Victims
Toxic Partner Worksheets
Journaling is a powerful habit to develop in your life.
It helps you reflect and develop a strong relationship with yourself.
Related: Top 5 Reasons Why Narcissists Target Empaths – & How to Starve The Narcissist of Supply