This post contains resources for highly sensitive person.
If you are reading this post, you probably already know what a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) is.
“HSP” is a term coined by Dr. Elaine Aron in her 1996 book “The Highly Sensitive Person.”
According to Aron’s theory, a highly sensitive person (HSP) is someone who has an increased or deeper central nervous system sensitivity to physical, emotional, or social stimuli.
Highly Sensitive Person Resources
- HSP Adult Self-Test
- Book: Highly Sensitive Person – Dr. Elaine Aron
- Book: Highly Sensitive Person in Love – Dr. Elaine Aron
- Book: Psychotherapy and the Highly Sensitive Person – Dr. Elaine Aron
- Book: The Undervalued Self by Dr. Elaine Aron
- Book: The Power of Sensitivity – Dr. Ted Zeff
- Workbook: Find Your Strength: HSP Workbook – April Snow, LMFT
- Workbook: The Highly Sensitive Person’s Workbook – Dr. Elaine Aron
- Journal: Highly Sensitive Person Self-Care Journal – April Snow, LMFT
Self-Compassion & Mindfulness Tools
- Workbook: Mindfulness Workbook for Stress Relief – April Snow, LMFT
- Exercises: Mindfulness Meditations – Tara Brach
- App: Insight Timer Mindfulness App
Highly Sensitive Children/Teen Resources
- HSP Child Self-Test
- Book: The Highly Sensitive Child – Dr. Elaine Aron
- Book: The Highly Sensitive Parent – Dr. Elaine Aron
- Book: Understanding the Highly Sensitive Child – James Williams
- Book: Supporting the Highly Sensitive Child – James Williams
- Book: The Strong, Sensitive Boy – Dr. Ted Zeff
- Workbook: Coping Skills for Kids Workbook – Janine Halloran
- App: Mindfulness App: Stop, Breathe & Think Kids
High Sensation Seeking HSP Resources
- High Sensation Seeking Test by Dr. Elaine Aron
- Article: High Sensation Seeking HSP by Dr. Elaine Aron
HSP Support Groups
The Sensitive Empowerment Community – founded by Julie Bjelland, LMFT, is a psychotherapist specializing in high sensitivity, author of The Empowered Highly Sensitive Person and Gifts of The Highly Sensitive Brain (releasing 2023).
- HSP Gatherings Retreats: “Jacquelyn Strickland, LPC ~ offers counseling, education, mentoring, shared wisdom, & community building via national and international HSP Gathering Retreats co-created with Dr. Elaine Aron.”
- Elaine Aron & High Sensitivity
- Highly Sensitive People
- Highly Sensitive Souls
- HSP – Highly Sensitive Person (Global)
- Highly Sensitive Person / HSP
- HSP Podcast hosted by Julie Bjelland, LMFT, is a psychotherapist specializing in high sensitivity, author of The Empowered Highly Sensitive Person and Gifts of The Highly Sensitive Brain (releasing 2023).
- The Highly Sensitive Person Podcast hosted by Kelly O’Laughlin
HSP TED Talks
- The gentle power of highly sensitive people | Elena Herdieckerhoff
- Unlocking the Secret Power of Sensitivity at Work | Caroline Ferguson
- Dr. Judith Orloff’s blog: Dr. Judith is a psychiatrist, empath, intuitive healer, and best-selling author of The Empath’s Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People.
- Highly Sensitive Refuge: A community co-founded by Jenn Granneman, the author of the bestselling book, The Secret Lives of Introverts: Inside Our Hidden World, and Andre Sólo.
- The Highly Sensitive Person: Dr. Elaine Aron and her husband, Dr. Arthur Aron, are considered two of the pioneering researchers about HSPs.
- The Highly Sensitive Person’s Life: A blog and podcast with a total of 70 episodes featuring nuanced conversations about strategies for HSPs and introverts.
Other HSP Resources
- Coaches – Counselors – Therapists who work with highly sensitive people: Created by Julie Bjelland, Psychotherapist and Founder of Sensitive Empowerment.
- Blog Post: Top 9 Highly Sensitive Person Coping Strategies [HSP’s Survival Guide]
- List of Emotions Download PDF
- List of Bodily Sensations Download PDF
- Coping Thoughts Worksheets Download PDF
- Self-Compassionate Statements Download PDF
- Journaling Prompts: Emotional Writing
- The Highly Sensitive Person (hsperson.com)
- What Is a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP)? (verywellmind.com)
- Highly Sensitive Person | Psychology Today