The following are books about empaths.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Books About Empaths
1. The Empath’s Survival Guide
By Judith Orloff
In this book Dr. Orloff offers crucial practices, including:
• Self-assessment exercises to help you identify your empath type
• Tools for protecting yourself from sensory overload, exhaustion, addictions, and compassion fatigue while replenishing your vital energy
• Simple and effective strategies to stop absorbing stress and physical symptoms from others and protect yourself from narcissists and other energy vampires
• How to find the right work and create relationships that nourish you
• How to navigate intimate relationships without feeling overwhelmed
• Guidance for parenting and raising empathic children
• Awakening the empath’s gift of intuition and deepening your spiritual connection to all living beings
Related: How To Become A Stronger Empath? Top 20 Actionable Empathy Exercises to Become More Empathetic
2. Thriving as an Empath: 365 Days of Self-Care for Sensitive People
By Judith Orloff
Building on the principles Dr. Orloff introduced in The Empath’s Survival Guide, this book brings you daily self-care practices and support for becoming a compassionate, empowered empath, including:
• Setting strong boundaries
• Protecting your energy
• Inoculating yourself against stress and overwhelm
• Self-soothing techniques
• Knowing that it is not your job to take on the world’s stress
• Breaking the momentum of sensory overload
• Tapping the vitality of all four seasons and the elements
• Deepening your connection with the cycles of nature
• Moving out of clock-based time into “sacred time”
Related: Top 45 Empath Quotes That Will Make You Feel Seen
3. Sensitive Is the New Strong
By Anita Moorjani
In a time when traits like sensitivity, kindness, and compassion are sorely undervalued, Moorjani helps empaths—whether emerging or acknowledged—navigate obstacles they may face and identify what makes them unique. She teaches them how to claim their true powers as empaths and to be their most authentic selves.
Related: Top 6 Challenges For Introverts (& How to Overcome Them)
4. The Empath Experience
By Sydney Campos
In The Empath Experience, you’ll find detailed information on what it means to be an empath and the different ways this gift can influence your life in positive ways. In addition, you’ll find supportive advice from a fellow empath on how to embrace the positive aspects of this special talent, get in touch with and understand your emotions, and tips and techniques to help you feel your best—even when someone else may be feeling their worst.
Related: How To Thrive As A Highly Sensitive Person? [HSP’s Survival Guide]
By Judith Yandell
In this book you’ll learn:
- 6 Powerful Methods You Can Use to Control Your Gift (Hint: They Don’t Include “Avoid Social Situations” and “Lock Yourself Up in You House”)
- The Single Most Effective Thing You Can Do to Shield Yourself From Energy Vampires
- 11 Most Common Personality Traits of Empaths
- How To Use a Specific Kind of Negative Thinking to Actually Overcome Your Social Anxiety
- 20 Statements to Help You Determine if You Really Are an Empath
- Is an Energy Vampire Preying on You? Here’s How to Find Out
- How to Find Out if Your Child Is an Empath and What You Can Do to Support
- A Positive Affirmations Routine That Can Help You Accept Yourself as an Empath and Strengthen Your Abilities
- How Detoxifying a Certain Area of Your Brain Can Help You Embrace Your Empathic Abilities and Improve Your Sense of Intuition
- Why in Certain Cases Accepting Negativity Can Actually Help You Feel Better.
Related: Top Resources For Highly Sensitive Person (Tests, Support Groups, Books, Workbooks, Blogs, etc.)
6. I Feel Too Much
By Alicia McBride
In this book, you will:
- Learn seven clear steps to propel you in the right direction.
- Experience guided meditations to protect your energy and release negativity.
- Acknowledge your spiritual gifts and learn how to accept them.
- Discover ways to make your daily life easier and less overwhelming.
- Learn to navigate the world while meeting your newfound requirements.
Workbooks About Empaths
7. The Happy Empath’s Workbook
By Stephanie Jameson
Empaths take on the emotions of others in addition to their own, so it can be hard to handle so many feelings at once. This book is full of easy-to-use interactive prompts and expert tips and techniques that will help you learn how to embrace your emotions and develop your empath gifts.
Related: How To Start A Self Love Journey? Top 10 Powerful Ways to Love Yourself More
8. The Empath’s Workbook
By Krista Carpenter MS
This workbook includes:
- Empath 101―You’ll learn about the unique qualities and powers that make you an empath, like clairvoyance and clairsentience, and delve into your own personality and strengths to understand which type of empath you are.
- Tips and tools for thriving as an empath―This book will teach you how to set boundaries and protect yourself from toxic people. Learn how to shift focus, reduce stress, and sleep better with binaural beats, a relaxing Happy Empath Bath, and more.
- Exercises for enhancing empathic powers―Discover various exercises, meditations, and rituals that will strengthen your extrasensory abilities and teach you how to use your highly evolved soul to make the world a better place.
Related: Top 39 Self Love Mantras To Practice Daily (+9 Ways To Grow In Self-Love)
9. The Empath’s Self-Care Journal
By Mishka Clavijo Kimball MS LMFT
This book contains:
- Empath self-care basics—Learn why nourishing your mind, body, and spirit is so important and the various types of self-care you’ll focus on during your yearlong journey.
- 52 empowering prompts—Protect your energy by setting clear boundaries, release fear by exploring what’s holding you back, access your higher self using visualization techniques, and more.
- Uplifting affirmations—Learn to embrace your empathic nature with powerful phrases you can turn to whenever you need them.
Related: Top 45 Self Care Day Ideas at Home To Kickstart Your Self Care Ritual
10. Self-Love Workbook for Women
By Megan Logan MSW LCSW
This workbook contains:
- Proven techniques—Fall in love with yourself using a variety of compassionate exercises rooted in mindfulness and positive psychology.
- Inspiring prompts and motivating activities—Explore all that you are with quizzes and journaling exercises that will help you tap into your emotions and let go of limiting beliefs. Includes writing space for reflection and introspection.
- Empowering affirmations—Boost your positivity and nurture yourself using the uplifting affirmations interspersed throughout the book.