The following are some of the best self discovery books to help you connect with yourself.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Self Discovery Books
1. The Road Back to You
By Ian Morgan Cron, Suzanne Stabile
The Enneagram is an ancient personality typing system with an uncanny accuracy in describing how human beings are wired, both positively and negatively.
In The Road Back to You Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile forge a unique approach―a practical, comprehensive way of accessing Enneagram wisdom and exploring its connections with Christian spirituality for a deeper knowledge of ourselves, compassion for others, and love for God.
Related: Lack Of Self Awareness: 5 Signs & 5 Tips On How To Increase Self-Awareness
2. The Essential Enneagram
By David Daniels, Virginia Price
In this book, Stanford University Medical School clinical professor of psychiatry David Daniels and counseling psychologist Virginia Price offer the only scientifically developed Enneagram test based upon extensive research combined with a self-discovery and personal-development guide.
The most fundamental guide to the Enneagram ever offered, this book features effective self-tests to determine simply and accurately what your personality type is.
Related: Am I Emotionally Unavailable Quiz
3. True You
By Dr. Kelly Vincent, Jacinta Kay
Through 15 themed sections, this journal of self-discovery will help you to:
- Get motivated―Inspirational quotes by remarkable women along with insightful prompts and practices help guide you forward.
- Challenge yourself―Learn how to leave limiting beliefs and ineffectual habits behind. Then, journal your way to a fresh vision of what brings you joy and what you’re capable of achieving.
- Celebrate the true you―Documenting your emergence into the person you are meant to become allows you to honor your journey and confidently move forward on your ever-evolving path in life.
Related: Best 35 Journal Prompts To Get To Know Yourself
4. Spiritual Self Care for Black Women
By Stress Less Press
The book offers :
- Spiritual self assessments – find out where you’re at to understand where to go (and track your progress along the way)
- Self discovery questionnaire – gain clarity on your life’s path and apply creative solutions to get you where you want to be
- Other self discovery activities including, ‘Your Life Purpose’ (find out how your passions, values and gifts align to determine your purpose in life) and ‘Be You, For You’ exercise (understand your self identity and how you can live authentically) plus lots more!
- 52 week planner to schedule a little bit of love and attention for your soul every day
- Spiritual self care ideas to implement in your journey
- Weekly guided journal with spiritual prompts to check in with yourself, reflect and unload your feelings
Related: Top 21 January Journal Prompts (+FREE PDF Download)
5. The Power of Understanding Yourself
By Dave Mitchell
The Power of Understanding Yourself provides readers with a blueprint for examining their true purpose and approach to life and a map for achieving greater personal happiness, professional success and self-awareness.
It will help you:
• Find the key to self-discovery and personal development
• Uncover your true purpose
• Use helpful exercises to reveal the best you
• Develop strategies to maximize your potential
Related: Top 23 Journal Prompts For Self Growth
6. Self Discovery Journal
By Amy J. Blake
This journal is a 100 day journaling challenge carefully designed to take you through a journey of self exploration and self awareness.
Related: How To Start A Self Love Journey? Top 10 Powerful Ways to Love Yourself More
7. The Self-Discovery Journal
By Dr. Yana Lechtman PsyD
The Self-Discovery Journal includes:
- 52 weeks of journaling―Journey through prompts that build on one another as you explore your inner world, actions, and genuine desires.
- Four steps to growth―Cultivate self-awareness before exploring how to live by your values, find purpose, and develop greater self-love and mindfulness.
- Inspiration and affirmation―This elegant guided journal integrates inspirational quotes from great thinkers into the themes of every week.
Related: The Process Of Turning Inward In 6 Simple Steps (Turn FOMO Into JOMO)
8. Self Discovery Journal
By Gerald Confienza
In the first of this book part, you will learn:
- How to disassociate from your past and from any ‘labels’ that may be hindering your growth.
- Why many people are stuck in never-ending cycles of pain.
- About the building blocks that make your sense of identity.
- The essence behind your true needs.
The second part of the book is made up of 200 questions that will break down every area of your life and help you pin down what it is you want accomplished in each one of them.
Related: Top 39 Self Love Mantras To Practice Daily (+9 Ways To Grow In Self-Love)
9. Self-Discovery Workbook for Women
By Ashley Reynolds LCSW
This book will help you:
- Make yourself a priority—Learn how to infuse self-discovery into your daily life by practicing mindfulness, embracing vulnerability, trying new activities, and more.
- Examine your motivations—Start plumbing your emotional depths with powerful prompts that help you consider your desires and long-held beliefs, and let go of fears that may be holding you back.
- Unearth your true essence—Reveal what you truly want through a wide variety of introspective exercises like creating a vision board and writing yourself a love letter.
Related: Top 45 Self Care Day Ideas at Home To Kickstart Your Self Care Ritual
10. Your Self-Discovery Journal
By Sara Katherine
In Your Self-Discovery Journal, you will find inspiring, thoughtful exercises, guided journal prompts, creative activities, meditations, and more that will guide you to a deeper, truer understanding of yourself. These practical and inspiring activities will help you identify your values, strengths, weaknesses, talents, and more.