Affirmations are the best way to reprogram our subconscious mind and create sustainable changes in our lives. Use the following affirmations to start taking care of yourself and feel deserving of love.
Self care is looking after yourself.
It is care of your mental health and physical health.
In the UK, the Self Care Forum www.selfcareforum.org defines self-care as: ‘The actions that individuals take for themselves, on behalf of and with others in order to develop, protect, maintain and improve their health, wellbeing or wellness.”
Related: Top 45 Self Care Day Ideas at Home To Kickstart Your Self Care Ritual
Self-care is about connecting with yourself, identifying your needs, and honoring them.
For some people, self-care might mean being more physically active. For others, self-care might mean making time to write a daily reflective journal.
Self-care is an ongoing practice of maintaining your physical and mental health.
Related: Lack Of Self Awareness: 5 Signs & 5 Tips On How To Increase Self-Awareness
Are You Taking Care Of Yourself Enough?
Which of these do you regularly experience?
- Anxiety and worry
- Feeling irritable
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Feelings of emptiness, disconnection, and loneliness
- Low self-esteem and confidence
- Poor sleep quality
- Racing thoughts
- Muscle tension
- Physical pain – you seem to have a growing list of aches and pains.
If so, you may not be taking enough care of yourself.
This isn’t to say that a self-care ritual will cure all these issues, but self-care can help you connect with yourself and your needs.
This in turns increases your self-awareness and helps you identify problems and address them.
Related: 35 Self Care Saturday Ideas To Try This Weekend
What Is An Affirmation?
Affirmations are short, positive statements that that you can use to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts and create a more positive frame of mind.
Affirmations are a one way you can practice self-care.
They help you change your self-talk and increase your self-confidence and boost your self-esteem.
Best 100 Self Care Affirmations To Honor Yourself
1. Each day is filled with joy.
2. Healthy food fuels my body.
3. I accept myself just the way I am.
4. I am a gift to the world.
5. I am always learning.
6. I am as kind to myself as I am to others.
7. I am at peace with my appearance.
8. I am beautiful.
9. I am calm and peaceful.
10. I am confident.
11. I am deserving off all the good things in my life.
12. I am grateful for what I can do.
Related: How To Start A Self Love Journey? Top 10 Powerful Ways to Love Yourself More
13. I am growing wiser each day.
14. I am happy to be me.
15. I am learning from my mistakes.
16. I am loveable.
17. I am lucky to be me.
18. I am my own best friend.
19. I am on the right path for me.
Read: How To Manifest Self Love? Best 9 Ways To Grow In Self-Love
20. I am patient with myself.
21. I am powerful.
22. I am ready.
23. I am relaxed and at peace.
24. I am resilient.
25. I am safe.
26. I am strong in mind, body, and spirit.
27. I am strong.
Read: Top 45 Self Care Day Ideas at Home To Kickstart Your Self Care Ritual
28. I am thankful for the love in my life.
29. I am top priority in my life.
30. I am well-rested and full of energy.
31. I am worthy of being cared for.
32. I am worthy of love, flaws and all.
33. I appreciate my life.
34. I appreciate myself.
Read: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy For Low Self Esteem – Top 18 CBT Exercise to Build High Self-Esteem
35. I believe in my own potential.
36. I believe in myself.
37. I can deal with whatever comes my way.
38. I can rely on myself.
39. I care about myself and listen to all of my needs.
40. I care for myself on good days and bad days.
41. I care for myself.
42. I choose to forgive myself and let go of my past mistakes.
43. I choose to let go of negative mental self-chatter.
44. I choose to let go of the past.
45. I choose to live in the moment.
46. I deserve compassion.
47. I deserve kindness.
48. I deserve love and happiness.
Read: 30-Day Self-Love Challenge That Will Radically Change Your Life
49. I deserve the best care.
50. I deserve to be happy.
51. I deserve to feel good in my skin.
52. I deserve to treat myself well.
53. I embrace positive thoughts.
54. I enjoy my body and take good care of it.
55. I enjoy myself.
56. I give myself room to grow.
57. I give myself time.
58. I give myself treats.
59. I got this.
60. I have a lot to offer.
61. I have faith in my abilities.
62. I have much to celebrate.
63. I have the power to make the right choices for me.
64. I honor my intuition and use it as a guide.
Read: FOMO vs JOMO: Top 6 Proven Ways To Turn FOMO Into JOMO (& Overcome Fear Of Being Alone)
65. I listen to my thoughts and feelings.
66. I live my life without restraints.
67. I love myself unconditionally.
68. I love myself, and I like myself too.
69. I love myself.
70. I love who I am.
71. I make sure I get enough exercise.
72. I make sure I get enough sleep.
73. I make sure I get enough water.
74. I notice the things that make me happy and do those things.
75. I notice when I do well and reward myself.
Read: Top +100 Journal Prompts For Mental Health [+Free PDF Printable!]
76. I notice when I’m comfortable and pay attention.
77. I practice self-kindness.
78. I praise and encourage myself.
79. I release myself from the weight of my regrets.
80. I shower myself with compassion.
81. I speak positively and kindly to myself.
82. I take excellent care of myself.
83. I take tender care of myself.
84. I trust myself.
85. I turn negative thoughts into positive ones.
86. I welcome and appreciate all of my emotions.
87. It’s OK for me to have fun.
88. Life is beautiful.
89. My body does amazing things.
90. My body is my friend.
91. My life is a gift.
92. My possibilities are endless.
93. My self care is worth making time for.
94. Taking care of myself brings me happiness.
95. Taking care of myself brings me health.
Read: How To Carry Yourself With Confidence? Best 13 Practical Tools to Help You Feel More Confident
96. Taking care of myself is my first responsibility.
97. Taking care of myself is rewarding.
98. Taking care of myself is wise.
99. Taking care of myself makes me successful.
100. Taking good care of myself is easy.
Consistency is key!
Self-care is central to living a fulfilling life.
And yet too few of us recognize and honor our need to maintain and improve our wellbeing.
The good news is that you don’t need to spend so much of your time and money to take care of yourself.
Even five minutes every day you spend journaling or relaxing can be enough to recharge your batteries.