The following are some of the best anxiety in relationship books to help you enjoy a healthier, more fulfilling relationship.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Anxiety In Relationship Book
1. Relationship OCD
By Sheva Rajaee
Relationship OCD offers an evidence-based, cognitive behavioral approach to finding relief from relationship anxiety, obsessive doubt, and fear of commitment.
You’ll learn to challenge the often-distorted thought patterns that trigger harmful emotions, increase your ability to think rationally, and ultimately accept the presence of intrusive thinking while maintaining the values of a healthy relationship.
Related: Is It ROCD Or Am I Not In Love? Top 4 Powerful Ways to Overcome Relationship Anxiety And ROCD
By Amir Levine, Rachel S.F. Heller
Discover how an understanding of adult attachment—the most advanced relationship science in existence today—can help us find and sustain love.
Attached guides readers in determining what attachment style they and their mate (or potential mate) follow, offering a road map for building stronger, more fulfilling connections with the people they love.
Related: How To Heal Abandonment Issues? Top 15 Powerful Strategies For Fear of Abandonment Healing
3. Love Me, Don’t Leave Me
By Michelle Skeen
In this book, therapist Michelle Skeen combines acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), schema therapy, and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) to help you identify the root of your fears.
You’ll learn how schema coping behaviors―deeply entrenched and automatic behaviors rooted in childhood experiences and fears―can take over and cause you to inadvertently sabotage your relationships.
4. Insecure in Love
By Leslie Becker-Phelps
In Insecure in Love, you’ll learn how to overcome attachment anxiety using compassionate self-awareness, a technique that can help you recognize your negative thoughts or unhealthy behavior patterns and respond to them in a nurturing way―rather than beating yourself up.
You’ll also learn how insecurity can negatively affect healthy dialog between you and your partner (or potential partners) and develop the skills needed to stop you from reverting back to old patterns of neediness and possessiveness.
Related: Top 15 Journal Prompts For Relationship Anxiety
5. Anxiously Attached
By Jessica Baum
Anxiously Attached offers a practical and holistic approach for overcoming anxious attachment issues to discover happier, more fulfilling relationships.
In this book, you will learn how to:
- Create boundaries to safeguard their sense of self-sovereignty in relationships.
- Communicate to their partners what they need to feel safe and secure in the relationship.
- Develop a secure sense of self-worth and emotional stability.
- Learn the true meaning of a healthy/interdependent relationship and how to establish one with their partner or future partner.
- Discover a compassionate path towards healing through experiences like mediation practices where they can start to develop more insight into their internal landscape.
- Attain a deep understanding of the anxious-avoidant dance that is extremely common in intimacy struggles.
Related: 10 Steps To End Fearful Avoidant Chase
6. Anxiety in Relationship
By Melanie White
In this book, you will learn:
– What is anxiety in relationships and how to recognize it
– Insecurity in relationships, how to overcome it, what are the symptoms, and how to recognize them
– How to eliminate negative thinking and the fear of abandonment
– What is jealousy, how to overcome it, what are the symptoms and how to build trust in the couple
– How to resolve conflicts and save your relationship (especially in marriage)
– How to help your partner if he or she is anxious
Related: Do I Have Relationship Anxiety Quiz
7. Anxious in Love
By Carolyn Daitch, Lissah Lorberbaum
Written by two experts on anxiety disorders, Anxious in Love offers easy-to-use techniques for calming anxieties and strengthening communication in your relationship.
With this book, you will learn to stay centered when faced with conflict, understand your partner’s perspective, and become more independent.
8. Stop Overthinking Your Relationship
By Alicia Muñoz
The four-step approach in this book will help you move beyond excessive rumination, so you can rediscover joy, ease, and meaningful connection with your partner.
Using the SLOW approach, you’ll learn how to:
- See rumination in process
- Label your rumination cycle
- Open yourself and make space
- Welcome blocked experiences
Related: How To Save Your Relationship From A Breakup? 5 Steps To Strengthen Your Relationship
9. Anxious Attachment Recovery
By Linda Hill
This book will teach you how to foster such a relationship, exploring topics such as:
✓ How to recover from being anxiously attached and achieve a secure attachment style.
✓ The blueprint to reach intimacy with your partner without being anxiously attached.
✓ How to cope with anxious attachments in your current relationship or dating life.
✓ Learn different types of attachment styles, and how they affect your relationship.
✓ Guided meditations and affirmations to help you break free from anxious attachments.
✓ And much, much more…
Anxiety In Relationship Workbook
10. Anxiety in Relationships Workbook
By Sarah Belarde
This workbook’s insightful prompts, proven practices, and encouraging affirmations help you release doubt, feel more secure, and empower you to build the relationships you want.
- Room to reflect—Explore your experiences with relationship anxiety through engaging writing prompts that help you get to the source of your discomfort and worry.
- Stories of success—Take comfort in case studies of other people who have worked through their anxieties to cultivate healthy, satisfying relationships.
- Self-soothing practices—Stay centered with activities like mindful breathing and creating a self-care planner.
Related:Top 8 Tips On How To Get Past Infidelity Triggers And Build Trust Again (+FREE Worksheets)