This post contains some of the best eating disorder recovery affirmations.
What Are Affirmations?
Positive Affirmations are the encouragement and support you communicate to yourself.
Do Affirmations Work?
Dr. Masaru Emoto demonstrated the power of affirmations through his “Water Experiment”.
In the “Water Experiment”, Dr. Emoto filled multitude petri dishes of water, and selected a variety of words for each one (“I love you” for one, “You make me sick, I will kill you” for another, “You Fool” for the next, etc.)
Every day for 30 days, he said those words to the petri dishes.
He then froze the water and held them under a high powered microscope.
What he found blew him away.
The petri dishes that had positive words spoken to them had beautiful formations of crystals, while the dishes that had negative words spoken to them looked to be toxic and poisoned.
So if our bodies are 70% water what effect would our words have on our well-being?
Related: Top 19 ED Recovery Quotes
Eating Disorder Recovery Affirmations
1. Every day I become stronger and healthier.
2. Food is nurturing and healing.
3. I am becoming the best version of myself.
4. I am confident.
5. I am deserving of compassion and kindness.
6. I am embracing my true, authentic self.
7. I am grateful for everything that my body does for me.
8. I am healthy and safe.
9. I am my own best friend.
10. I am proud of who I am.
11. I am worthy no matter what shape or size I am.
12. I am worthy of love.
13. I am worthy of recovery.
14. I deserve freedom from my eating disorder.
15. I let go of my destructive behaviors and start using behaviors that are healthy for me.
16. I respect my body and give it the nourishment that it needs.
17. I trust myself and my body.
18. I will be kind to my body today.
19. I will make time for self-care today.
20. I am deserving of happiness.
21. It’s okay for me to love myself.
22. My body deserves my love.
23. My worth comes from inside of me. I am inherently worthy.
24. Small progress is still progress.
25. I am choosing to focus on mental wellness.
26. I replace my negative thoughts with positive thoughts.
27. I love myself while working towards becoming a better person.
28. I treat myself with the utmost compassion, kindness, and love.
29. I love what I see when I look in the mirror.
30. I trust my body to tell me everything it needs in perfect time.
31. I give myself permission to heal.
32. I forgive myself.
33. I am at peace with myself.
34. Every cell in my body resonates with energy and well-being.
35. I trust and respect my body’s wisdom.