This post contains some of the best grief affirmations.
What Are Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that are usually intended to help change negative thinking and promote positive thinking.
They can also build and improve self-esteem and wellbeing.
Affirmations do this by replacing negative self-talk.
Why Use Affirmations?
We all need positive affirmations.
As children, affirmations we received from our parents were powerful messages that form our sense of self.
If we were raised by consistent, nurturing parents, we grow up knowing that we’re worthwhile.
However, even if we weren’t raised by nurturing parents, we can still change our beliefs by affirming ourselves.
Is There Science Behind Affirmations?
According to the neuroplasticity theory, when repeated, affirmations create new pathways in the brain (Cascio et al., 2016).
This means affirmations can become beliefs, that in turn influence our feelings, thoughts, and behavior.
1. I allow myself to feel my grief and process it.
2. I allow myself to take as much time as I need to grieve this loss
3. I am patient with myself in my grief
4. I can ask for help when I need it.
5. I can survive this loss.
6. I choose to feel at peace today.
7. I give myself space to feel all my feelings.
8. I have wonderful memories, and I am thankful for them
9. I know I will feel better soon.
10. I know my grief will soften with time
11. I let go of my resistance to this situation.
12. I take care of myself and my needs today.
13. I take comfort in the memories of my loved one.
14. I treat myself with compassion as I heal.
15. I’m surrounded by support.
16. It’s okay to take time to grieve.
17. My feelings are valid.
18. My heart feels lighter every day more.
19. Today, I choose to heal.
20. I breathe in peace and acceptance
21. I allow myself to rest and slow down.
22. I talk to myself as I would talk to my loved one.
23. I am stronger than I know.
24. I have the courage to face this grief.
25. I am a better person for the love I have felt.
How To Use Affirmations?
Choose a few affirmations that best resonate with you and:
- Recite them in front of the mirror
- Repeat them in your head a few times throughout the day
- Write them down in your journal
- Post them where you can see them often