This post contains some of the best grounding affirmations.
What Are Affirmations?
Affirmations are positive statements that, when repeated, can counter negative beliefs and replace them with positive ones.
These affirmations could be said aloud or to yourself in your head. They could also be written.
Why Do Affirmations Work?
The way you talk to yourself matters.
Affirmations are a great way to change your self-talk and empower yourself.
Moreover, affirmations can change your beliefs and in turn influence your thoughts, feelings, and behavior.
1. All is well in this moment.
2. I allow myself to take things one moment at a time.
3. I am breathing in peace. I am breathing out tension.
Related: Top 10 Practical CBT Exercises For Generalized Anxiety Disorder Relief
4. I am experiencing life through all of my senses.
5. I am grateful for the breath that flows through my lungs.
6. I am grounded.
7. I am here.
8. I am present.
9. I am safe and secure.
Related: What Is the 333 Rule for Anxiety? (& Other Anxiety Coping Strategies)
10. I am steady and grounded.
11. I feel inner peace.
12. I have the power to overcome my doubts and worries.
13. I notice my thoughts and feelings without judgment.
14. I release my worries.
15. In this moment, I have everything I need.
16. My breath is my anchor.
17. My mind is at peace.
Related: Best 6 Mindfulness Exercises For Beginners (+FREE Resources)
18. This moment is a gift, and I accept it with my full presence.
19. This moment is exactly as it’s meant to be.
20. I am fully conscious of this moment.
21. I have everything I need
22. At this moment, I have everything I need.
23. I am thankful for each breath.
Related: Best 8 Mindfulness Exercises For Adults That Will Help You Regulate Your Emotions
How to Start an Affirmation Practice?
Choose a few affirmations that really resonate with you.
If you choose to come up with your own affirmations, make sure they are short, positive, personal, and in the present tense.
You may say these affirmations out loud or in your head. You may say them while looking at yourself in the mirror, or you may repeat them to yourself throughout the day.
Related: Best 99 Coping Skills (+FREE Coping Worksheets)