The following are some of the best binge eating books to help you on your recovery journey.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Binge Eating Books
1. Never Binge Again(tm)
By Glenn Livingston Ph.D
Never Binge Again can help you:
- Dramatically improve your ability to stick to ANY healthy food plan so you can achieve your weight loss and/or fitness goals…
- Quickly recover from mistakes without self judgement or unnecessary guilt…
- Free yourself from the prison of food obsession so you can enjoy a satisfying, delicious, and healthy diet for the rest of your life!
Related: What NOT To Say To Someone With An Eating Disorder? (& What to Do Instead)
2. Overcoming Binge Eating
By Christopher G. Fairburn
Clear, step-by-step guidelines show you how to:
*Overcome the urge to binge.
*Gain control over what and when you eat.
*Break free of strict dieting and other habits that may contribute to binges.
*Establish stable, healthy eating patterns.
*Improve your body image and reduce the risk of relapse.
Related: How To Break Emotional Eating? Top 8 Powerful Ways To Stop Comfort Eating
3. The Binge Code
By Ali Kerr, Richard Kerr
The Binge Code is a bold new book based on hard science and over 10 years of helping people end their binge eating issues and lose excess weight.
In this book, UK Nutritional Therapist and best-selling author of THE BULIMIA HELP METHOD, Alison Kerr shows you an easy-to-follow, step-by-step program to unlock your mind, body and emotions from “The Binge Trap”.
Related: 20 Eating Disorder Journal Prompts To Support Your Recovery
4. The DBT Solution for Emotional Eating
By Debra L. Safer, Sarah Adler, Philip C. Masson
Drs. Debra L. Safer, Sarah Adler, and Philip C. Masson have translated their proven, state-of-the-art treatment into a compassionate self-help resource for anyone struggling with bingeing and other types of “stress eating.” You will learn to:
*Identify your emotional triggers.
*Cope with painful or uncomfortable feelings in new and healthier ways.
*Gain awareness of urges and cravings without acting on them.
*Break free from self-judgment and other traps.
*Practice specially tailored mindfulness techniques.
*Make meaningful behavior changes, one doable step at a time.
Related: Positive Body Image Quiz
5. I Can’t Stop Eating
By Sarah Dosanjh
This book will help you learn:
- How trying to control your appetite leads to out-of-control bingeing.
- How your intentions can help (or hinder) you.
- How to use the RALIC method to free yourself from compulsive eating.
Related: What Is A Distorted Self Image & How To Build A Positive One?
6. Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat for Binge Eating
By Michelle May M.D., Kari Anderson DBH LPC
Eat What You Love, Love What You Eat for Binge Eating offers a step-by-step process for self-discovery and healing your relationship with food and your body. You ll learn new ways to manage the physical, emotional, and environmental stresses you encounter each day without bingeing.
Related: Top 21 Body Image Journal Prompts (+FREE Worksheets)
7. Binge Eating Disorder
By Amy Pershing, Chevese Turner
Accessible for both treatment providers and patients alike, this unique volume aims to explore BED treatment and recovery from both sides of the process while also providing a resource for structuring treatment and building effective interventions. This practical roadmap to understanding, resilience, and lasting change will be useful for anyone working clinically with or close to individuals suffering from BED, as well as those on the recovery journey.
Related: Top 5 Body Dysmorphia Exercises (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy For BDD)
Binge Eating Workbooks
8. I Love My Workbook
By Glenn Livingston Ph.D., Yoav Ezer
Never Binge Again is a radically different approach to overcoming overeating, and this workbook will help you embrace and integrate all its powerful principles:
- Eat Healthy without Relying on Willpower: As you work your way through this book, starting with the very first exercise, you should find yourself dramatically less drained by constant decision making about food…and that energy can be finally be put to other, more important, healthier use!
- Discover the Body You Were Meant to Live In: As food becomes less and less of an issue your body can and should gradually shed the excess weight you’ve been holding until you reach a natural, comfortable weight.
- Escape the Tyranny of “Emotional Eating”: Never again feel compelled to put bad food in your body just because you don’t like the way you feel!
- Find Freedom from Food Obsession: As you eliminate and automate difficult food decisions, the mental obsession with food should lift. Put your mind to better use, including simply being present, mindful, and aware.
- Break Free from the Diet Mentality: Find sustainable habits you can live with for a lifetime!
- Uncover Your Most Personal and Sustainable Motivation: Get BOTH a short-term boost in motivation AND the power to carry you through the long run! All personalized to your specific needs.
- Reclaim Your Power: To this point you’ve been letting your Lizard Brain (lower brain) control you. It’s time to take back the reins and show the Lizard who’s boss!
- End Your War with Food: Ever fought a war with a bagel, donut, chocolate bar, piece of pizza, or dish of pasta…and lost? Are you exhausted from constantly trying to wage a “war on food” in your own head… where YOU are the primary casualty? See how to declare the war over once and for all so you can find peace again.
Related: Top 21 Body Dysmorphia Quotes That Will Make You Feel Less Alone
9. The Binge Eating and Compulsive Overeating Workbook
By Carolyn Ross
This workbook will help you:•Identify the trigger foods and feelings that spur you to binge or overeat
•Determine how stress, depression, and anxiety may be affecting your eating
•Calm yourself in stressful times with nourishing self-care practices
•Learn to appreciate and accept your body
Related: Top 19 ED Recovery Quotes
10. The Binge Eating Prevention Workbook
By Gia Marson EdD, Danielle Keenan-Miller PhD
Using the eight-week protocol in this workbook, you’ll learn how to recognize your triggers, cope with difficult emotions, improve relationships, and make healthy food choices that will ultimately improve how you feel. You’ll learn to understand the underlying causes of your binge eating, how to recognize binge-inducing environmental factors, why dieting just doesn’t work, and mindfulness techniques to help you stay present when the urge to binge takes hold.