The following are books on self-love and healing to help you connect with yourself and heal.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Books On Self Love And Healing
1. The Gifts of Imperfection
By Brené Brown
The Gifts of Imperfection has sold more than two million copies in thirty-five different languages across the globe.
The book offers ten guideposts to wholehearted living. The guideposts not only help us understand the practices that will allow us to change our lives and families, they also walk us through the unattainable and sabotaging expectations that get in the way.
Related: Top 45 Self Care Day Ideas at Home To Kickstart Your Self Care Ritual
2. The Self-Love Experiment
By Shannon Kaiser
Shannon Kaiser learned the secrets to loving herself, finding purpose, and living a passion-filled life after recovering from eating disorders, drug addictions, corporate burnout, and depression.
In her book, Shannon walks you through her own personal experiment, a simple plan that compassionately guides you through the process of removing fear-based thoughts, so you can fall in love with life.
Related: How To Start A Self Love Journey? Top 10 Powerful Ways to Love Yourself More
3. Set Boundaries, Find Peace
by Nedra Glover Tawwab
The instant New York Times bestseller helps you end the struggle, speak up for what you need, and experience the freedom of being truly yourself.
Licensed counselor and one of the most influential therapists on Instagram Nedra Glover Tawwab demystifies this complex topic in a relatable and inclusive tone.
Related: Top 25 Tips On How To Set Boundaries In A Toxic Relationship? (+FREE Worksheets PDF)
4. You Are a Badass
By Jen Sincero
In this refreshingly entertaining how-to guide, bestselling author and world-traveling success coach, Jen Sincero, serves up 27 bitesized chapters full of hilariously inspiring stories, sage advice, easy exercises, and the occasional swear word, helping you to: Identify and change the self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviors that stop you from getting what you want, Create a life you totally love.
Related: Top 39 Self Love Mantras To Practice Daily (+9 Ways To Grow In Self-Love)
Workbooks & Journals On Self Love And Healing
5. Self-Love Workbook for Women
By Megan Logan
This workbook create a life filled with purpose and greater self-love using:
- Proven techniques—Fall in love with yourself using a variety of compassionate exercises rooted in mindfulness and positive psychology.
- Inspiring prompts and motivating activities—Explore all that you are with quizzes and journaling exercises that will help you tap into your emotions and let go of limiting beliefs. Includes writing space for reflection and introspection.
- Empowering affirmations—Boost your positivity and nurture yourself using the uplifting affirmations interspersed throughout the book.
Related: Best 18 Self Compassion Journal Prompts (+FREE Worksheets)
6. Self-Love Workbook for Black Women
By Rachel Johnson
This workbook will help:
- Embrace self-love—Lay the foundation for self-love as you reflect on your identity, explore experiences many modern Black women share, and learn what loving yourself truly means.
- Put it into practice—Discover writing prompts, affirmations, and other simple exercises that help you find inner peace and self-confidence.
- Explore key themes—Learn to love where you’re at, practice self-compassion, let go of self-doubt, foster your self-worth, and build a community that empowers you.
Related: How To Be Gentle With Yourself? Top 5 Ways To Practice Self-Compassion
7. The Self-Love Workbook
By Shainna Ali
This workbook includes a variety of constructive and actionable tips, tricks and exercises, including:
• Interactive Activities – explore a variety of fun and creative ways to love yourself.
• Reflection Prompts – unpack your experiences and connect them to new lessons.
• Helpful Advice – deepen your understanding of self-love and utilize it in the real world.
Related: Top 18 Self Esteem Exercises (+FREE CBT For Self-Esteem Worksheets PDF)
8. The Gift of Self Love
By Mary Jelkovsky
Mary Jelkovsky’s story of battling an eating disorder and conquering her deepest insecurities has been featured in Teen Vogue, Health, and Shape magazine.
In this empowering workbook, Mary shares the advice, research, and exercises that she used to build her self-confidence and finally learn how to love herself. Written like a letter to a close friend, this workbook provides practical advice and exercises that will help you finally give yourself the gift of self-love.
Related: How Confident Am I Quiz (+Best 13 Practical Tools To Feel More Confident)
9. A Year of Self-Love Journal
By Jamila I. White
This journal offers:
- 52 weeks of you time—Build a holistic self-love practice with a year of weekly journaling to inspire your journey.
- A clear path forward—Discover encouraging affirmations, writing prompts, and activities that help you recognize your self-worth and explore your true potential.
- Dive into your thoughts—Navigate your feelings and cultivate self-love with plenty of room to write and reflect after each prompt.
Related: Top 10 Ways To Stop Wallowing In Self Pity
10. The Self-Love Journal
By Leslie Marchand
What sets The Self-Love Journal apart from other self-help books:
- Results-oriented technique―This instructive journal will help you realize a positive state of being with an effective, four-part process: Start Where You Are, Banish Self-Doubt, Build Self-Esteem, and Love Yourself More.
- Inspires personal growth―Learn to release self-doubt, be fully present, and have an open mind that exists in a state of joy, love, and purpose.
- Tools for daily self-discipline―The Self-Love Journal helps you unlock courage and strength with inspirational quotes, prompts, and exercises that focus on self-acceptance.
Related: Best 25 Journal Prompts For Self Love