This post contains some of the best January journal prompts to reflect and goal set for the new year.
January Journal Prompts
1. What accomplishments from last year are you proud of?
2. What are 3 lessons last year taught you?
3. What have you learned about yourself this past year?
4. What do you feel most grateful for from last year?
5. What habits and relationships do you need to leave behind from last year?
6. What do you need to forgive yourself for from last year?
7. What’s one thing you can look forward to this year?
8. What area of your life do you need to focus more on?
9. What good habits do you want to start this year?
Related: Top +100 Journal Prompts For Mental Health [+Free PDF Printable!]
10. What are your health goals for this coming year? What habits will help you reach those goals?
11. How do you feel about your current mental health? What can you do to improve it and become more resilient?
12. How do you plan on showing yourself more love and compassion this year?
13. What are you financial goals this year? What practices can you implement to help you reach your goals?
14. What new things do you want to try for this year that will push you out of your comfort zone?
15. Make a list of your current weaknesses. How can you change these?
16. How healthy are your relationships? What can you do to improve them?
Related: Top 21 Healing Journal Prompts To Support Your Healing Journey
17. What new skills do you want to learn this year?
18. What interests do you want to pursue this year?
19. What limiting beliefs do you have about yourself? How do you plan to change them?
20. What do you need to stop judging yourself and others for?
21. What change can you make that will make your life easier?
Related: Best 35 Journal Prompts To Get To Know Yourself
22. What causes or organizations would you like to support this month?
23. What is an embarrassing moment that you can’t seem to forget? Can you find compassion for yourself after reflecting on the situation?
24. What does your body need from you? More exercise? More water? Better sleep?
25. What has been stressing you out most lately? What can you do to relieve some of the stress?
26. Are social media a positive or negative influence for you? How can you make your social media feed more positive?
27. What’s on your mind right now? Let it flow without judgment.
28. What is something that makes you feel relaxed and calm? How can you do more of that?
29. What do you fear the most in life? How can you overcome those?
30. What’s a quote that best reflects your experience this month?
31. How would you describe this month in one word?