The following are some of the best books on how to stop procrastinating.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Best Books On Procrastination
1. Eat That Frog!
By Brian Tracy
Eat That Frog! shows you how to organize each day so you can zero in on these critical tasks and accomplish them efficiently and effectively. The core of what is vital to effective time management is: decision, discipline, and determination.
Related: Are You a Procrastinator Quiz? (+ Best 40 Tips To Stop Putting Things Off)
2. Procrastination: Why You Do It, What to Do About It Now
By Jane Burka, Lenora M. Yuen
Based on their workshops and counseling experience, psychologists Jane B. Burka and Lenora M. Yuen offer a probing, sensitive, and at times humorous look at a problem that affects everyone: students and scientists, secretaries and executives, homemakers and salespeople.
Wise, effective, and easy-to-use, Procrastination identifies the reasons we put off tasks-fears of failure, success, control, separation, and attachment-and their roots in our childhood and adult experiences. Burka and Yuen even provide tips on living and working with the procrastinators you may know.
Related: Top 19 Journal Prompts For Perfectionists
3. The Procrastination Cure
By Damon Zahariades
In THE PROCRASTINATION CURE, you’ll discover:
- The 13 most common reasons people postpone taking action
- Why your to-do list might be encouraging you to procrastinate (and what to do about it)
- How to create an action-prompting reward system tailored to your personal proclivities
- 4 easy tips for silencing your inner perfectionist and getting to work
- Surprising advice from Mark Twain on how to beat procrastination
- The one decision that’ll spur you to take action and complete tasks in record time
- The power of accountability (and how to find the perfect partner)
- How to prioritize tasks and projects according to your personal goals
- A 3-step system for tracking your energy levels, and using the data to maximize your productivity
- How to use Time Chunking to tackle large, daunting projects
- One of the most common forms of self-sabotage (and how to avoid it)
- How to muzzle your inner critic and eliminate negative self-talk
- A curious strategy novelist Victor Hugo successfully used to tame his inner procrastinator
- And much, much more!
Related: Am I Indecisive Quiz (& How To Overcome Indecisiveness & FOBO In 8 Powerful Steps)
4. Solving the Procrastination Puzzle
By Timothy A. Pychyl
Solving the Procrastination Puzzle brings clarity and scientific studies—and a touch of humor!—to the quest for successfully achieving goals. This accessible guide is perfect for entrepreneurs, parents, students, and anyone who wants to get unstuck, stop delaying, and start living their most inspired life.
Related: Best 9 Tips On How To Stop Avoidance Coping (+FREE Worksheets PDF)
5. The Psychology of Procrastination
By Hayden Finch PhD
This empowering choice in psychology books helps you:
- Examine core issues―Look at possible mental health issues that often exacerbate procrastination, like low self-esteem, depression, anxiety, ADHD, and others.
- Succeed step-by-step―Work through procrastination one step at a time: prioritize, find motivation, overcome avoidance, get started, focus, follow through, and finish.
- Get perspective―Explore real-life anecdotes of people struggling with procrastination to gain insight into how it works in your life―and help you identify its causes.