The following are some of the best books about fear.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Books About Fear
1. Feel the Fear… and Do It Anyway
By Susan Jeffers
In this enduring work of self-empowerment, now updated for the post-pandemic new normal, Dr. Susan Jeffers shares dynamic techniques and profound concepts that have helped countless people grab hold of their fears and move forward with their lives. You’ll discover:
· How to raise your self-esteem
· How to become more assertive
· How to connect to the powerhouse within
· How to create more meaning in your life
· How to experience more enjoyment
Related: Best 9 Tips On How To Stop Avoidance Coping (+FREE Worksheets PDF)
2. Dare: The New Way to End Anxiety and Stop Panic Attacks
By Barry McDonagh
Based on hard science and over 10 years helping people who suffer from anxiety, Barry McDonagh shares his most effective technique in this new book.The DARE technique can be used by everyone, regardless of age or background, to live a life free from anxiety or panic attacks.In this step-by-step guide you will discover how to:
- Stop panic attacks and end feelings of general anxiety.
- Face any anxious situation you’ve been avoiding (driving/flying/shopping etc.).
- Put an end to anxious or intrusive thoughts.
- Use the CORRECT natural supplements to relieve anxiety.
- Boost your confidence and feel like your old self again.
- Fall asleep faster and with less anxiety each night.
- Live a more bold and adventurous life again.
Related: Hikikomori Test (+FREE Worksheets)
3. The Gift of Fear
By Gavin de Becker
Covering all the dangerous situations people typically face — street crime, domestic abuse, violence in the workplace — de Becker provides real-life examples and offers specific advice on restraining orders, self-defense, and more. But the key to self-protection, he demonstrates, is learning how to trust our own intuitions. For everyone who’s ever felt threatened, this book is essential reading.
Related: Top 10 Social Withdrawal Signs — & How To Social Isolation? (Hikikomori Syndrome)
4. Rewire Your Anxious Brain
By Catherine M. Pittman PhD, Elizabeth M. Karle MLIS
In Rewire Your Anxious Brain, psychologist Catherine Pittman and author Elizabeth Karle offer a unique, evidence-based solution to overcoming anxiety based in cutting-edge neuroscience and research. In the book, you will learn how the amygdala and cortex (both important parts of the brain) are essential players in the neuropsychology of anxiety.
Using the practical self-assessments and proven-effective techniques in this book, you will learn to literally “rewire” the brain processes that lie at the root of your fears.
Related: Top 10 Practical CBT Exercises For Generalized Anxiety Disorder Relief
5. Fear: Essential Wisdom for Getting Through the Storm
By Thich Nhat Hanh
In this book, Thich Nhat Hanh, a gifted teacher who was once nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by Martin Luther King Jr., explores the origins of our fears, illuminating a path to finding peace and freedom from anxiety and offering powerful tools to help us eradicate it from our lives.
Related: 30 Day Social Anxiety Challenge That Will Help You Feel More Confident