The following are self-esteem books to help you boost your confidence.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Self Esteem Books
1. The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem
By Nathaniel Branden
The Six Pillars Of Self-Esteem is essential reading for anyone with a personal or professional interest in self-esteem.
The book demonstrates compellingly why self-esteem is basic to psychological health, achievement, personal happiness, and positive relationships.
Branden introduces the six pillars-six action-based practices for daily living that provide the foundation for self-esteem-and explores the central importance of self-esteem in five areas: the workplace, parenting, education, psychotherapy, and the culture at large.
Related: Top 18 Self Esteem Exercises (+FREE CBT For Self-Esteem Worksheets PDF)
By Matthew McKay PhD, Patrick Fanning
This revised and updated fourth edition of the best-selling Self-Esteem uses proven-effective methods of CBT and relevant components of ACT to help you raise low self-esteem by working on the way you interpret your life.
You’ll learn how to differentiate between healthy and unhealthy self-esteem, how to uncover and analyze negative self-statements, and how to create new, more objective and positive self-statements to support your self-esteem rather than undermine it.
And with cutting-edge material on defusion and values, you’ll learn to let go of judgmental, self-attacking thoughts and act in accordance with what matters to you most, enhancing your sense of self-worth.
Related: Low Self Esteem Quiz
3. Ten Days to Self-Esteem
By David D Burns M.D.
In Ten Days to Self-esteem, Dr. David Burns presents innovative, clear, and compassionate methods that will help you identify the causes of your mood slumps and develop a more positive outlook on life. You will learn that:
- You feel the way you think: Negative feelings like guilt, anger, and depression do not result from the bad things that happen to you, but from the way you think about these events. This simple but revolutionary idea can change your life!
- You can change the way you feel: You will discover why you get depressed and learn how to brighten your outlook when you’re in a slump.
- You can enjoy greater happiness, productivity, and intimacy—without drugs or lengthy therapy.
Related: How Confident Am I Quiz (+Best 13 Practical Tools To Feel More Confident)
4. Healing Your Emotional Self
By Beverly Engel
In her book, Beverly Engel documents the wide range of psychological abuses that so many children experience in growing up and shares her powerful Mirror Therapy program for helping adult survivors to overcome their shame and self-criticism, become more compassionate and accepting of themselves, and create a more positive self-image.
Engle’s insightful questionnaires and exercises provide concrete help in the healing process.
Related: Top 10 Ways To Stop Wallowing In Self Pity
5. Get Out of Your Own Way
By Mark Goulston, Philip Goldberg
Practical, proven self help steps show how to transform 40 common self-defeating behaviors, including procrastination, envy, obsession, anger, self-pity, compulsion, neediness, guilt, rebellion, inaction, and more.
Related: Top +100 Journal Prompts For Mental Health [+Free PDF Printable!]
Self Esteem Workbooks
6. The Self-Esteem Workbook
By Glenn R. Schiraldi PhD
In this Workbook, you’ll learn to see yourself through loving eyes by realizing that you are inherently worthy, and that comparison-based self-criticism is not a true measure of your value.
In addition to new chapters on cultivating compassion, forgiveness, and unconditional love for yourself and others—all of which improve self-esteem—you’ll find cutting-edge information on brain plasticity and how sleep, exercise, and nutrition affect your self-esteem.
Related: Top 21 Healing Journal Prompts To Support Your Healing Journey
7. The Self-Confidence Workbook
By Barbara Markway PhD, Celia Ampel
This standout among self-help books helps you vanquish self-doubt with:
- DEFINING CONFIDENCE: A guide to understanding self-confidence by defining what it means to be confident and helping you determine your starting level of self-esteem.
- STRATEGIES FOR SELF-ACCEPTANCE: This book entails a 5-step program that begins with setting goals and uses evidence-based strategies to foster acceptance, mindfulness, self-compassion, and more.
- INTERACTIVE EXERCISES: Discover reflections, checklists, and quizzes to help you internalize lessons and concepts.
Related: How To Start A Self Love Journey? Top 10 Powerful Ways to Love Yourself More
8. The Self Esteem Workbook for Women
By Megan MacCutcheon LPC
This workbook contains:
- A 5-step program to build self esteem that fosters care, respect, acceptance, and love for oneself
- Actionable exercises that range from tests, checklists, and journal entries to keep you engaged and motivated to change
- An essential introduction that defines what self esteem is, and provides an overview of the social, cultural, and familial issues that affect women’s self esteem
Related: Top 45 Self Care Day Ideas at Home To Kickstart Your Self Care Ritual
9. A Year of Self-Esteem
By Judith Belmont MS
This self-esteem workbook includes:
- 365 days of love―Take a few minutes out of every day to reinforce your self-love with a new exercise, challenge, or perspective.
- Proven methods―Build your self-esteem through positive psychology, mindfulness, cognitive behavioral therapy, meditation, and more.
- Inspiring words―Discover uplifting quotes and feel-good affirmations that will help see you through your most challenging days.
Related: The Process Of Turning Inward In 6 Simple Steps (Turn FOMO Into JOMO)
10. Self-Esteem Journal
By Briana Hollis LSW
This self-esteem journal can help you:
- Build your self-esteem―From establishing self-compassion and self-respect to harnessing your inner power to achieve your goals, each section of this journal builds upon the previous one to help you flourish.
- Try proven methods―Find thought-provoking exercises based on techniques like mindfulness, acceptance and commitment therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and more.
- Lift yourself up―Discover uplifting quotes and positive affirmations to inspire you on your journey to improved self-esteem.