This post contains some of the best self love questions to help you practice self-love.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
What Is Self-Love?
Self-love is a state of appreciation for who you are.
Self-love means taking actions that support your well-being, including treating yourself with kindness and respect and meeting your physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
Self Love Questions
The following self-love questions will help you reflect on things related to self-love:
1. How would you define self-love, and what does it mean to you personally?
2. What are three things you love about yourself, both physically and emotionally?
3. Reflect on a time when you showed resilience and strength. How did it make you feel?
4. Describe a recent accomplishment or achievement that you’re proud of.
5. What activities or hobbies bring you joy and make you feel alive?
6. Write down five things you’re grateful for in your life right now.
7. How do you prioritize self-care in your daily routine? Are there any changes you’d like to make?
8. List three positive affirmations that resonate with you and empower you.
9. Write about a time when you forgave yourself or someone else. How did it impact your well-being?
10. What are three characteristics or values that you admire about yourself?
11. Describe your ideal day of self-care. How would you spend it?
12. Reflect on a mistake or failure that you learned from. How did it contribute to your growth?
13. Write a letter of forgiveness to yourself for any past mistakes or regrets.
14. What activities or practices help you feel calm and centered during stressful times?
15. Reflect on a challenging situation you faced and how it helped you become more resilient.
16. How do you practice self-compassion when facing difficulties or setbacks?
17. Write about a time when you set and achieved a meaningful goal. How did it make you feel?
18. What boundaries are important for you to establish in your relationships or daily life?
19. Reflect on a moment when you overcame self-doubt and believed in yourself. How did it change your perspective?
20. What does self-care mean to you? How can you incorporate more self-care practices into your routine?
21. Describe a time when you stood up for yourself or someone else. How did it impact your self-worth?
22. Write about a person or mentor who has positively influenced your journey of self-discovery.
23. Reflect on a compliment or positive feedback you received recently. How did it make you feel?
24. What activities or practices help you reconnect with your inner child and tap into your playful side?
25. Describe a recent act of kindness you performed for yourself or others. How did it enhance your well-being?
26. Write about an aspect of yourself that you’re currently working on improving and growing.
27. Describe a moment when you chose to prioritize your own needs and say no to something that didn’t align with them.
28. Reflect on a time when you listened to and followed your intuition. How did it guide you?
29. What does self-acceptance mean to you, and how do you practice it in your daily life?
30. Write a love letter to your body, expressing appreciation for all that it allows you to do.
31. Describe a recent experience where you stepped outside of your comfort zone. How did it contribute to your self-growth?
32. Reflect on a time when you practiced self-compassion and showed understanding towards your own flaws or mistakes.
33. Write about a recurring negative thought or belief and challenge it with evidence that contradicts it.
34. What are three things that make you unique and special? Celebrate them!
35. Describe a small act of self-love or self-care you can incorporate into your daily routine.
36. Reflect on a time when you supported and encouraged someone else. How did it make you feel?
37. Write about a role model or inspiring figure who embodies self-love and acceptance. What lessons can you learn from them?
38. What does self-respect mean to you, and how do you ensure it is present in your interactions and relationships?
39. Describe a recent experience when you took a break or rested, rejuvenating both your mind and body.
40. Reflect on a time when you practiced gratitude towards yourself and acknowledged your own strengths and accomplishments.
41. Write about a favorite memory or moment that brings you immense joy and happiness.
42. What are three things you can do to cultivate a positive body image and embrace your physical self?
43. Describe a situation where you allowed yourself to be vulnerable and open with someone you trust. How did it enhance your connection?
44. Reflect on a time when you gave yourself permission to let go of perfectionism and embraced your imperfections.
45. Write about a lesson you’ve learned from a past relationship or friendship. How has it influenced your current approach to self-love?
46. What self-care practices help you feel grounded and connected to yourself and the world around you?
47. Describe a recent act of self-kindness or self-compassion. How did it impact your overall well-being?
48. Reflect on a time when you acknowledged and celebrated your progress, no matter how small.
49. What areas of your life do you feel you need to work on in order to cultivate more self-love and self-compassion?
50. Write a list of self-care practices or activities that you enjoy and that help you recharge and maintain balance in your life.
51. Reflect on a time when you were able to overcome a fear or challenge, what did you learn from the experience about yourself and your abilities?
52. Describe how you feel when you are able to practice self-love and self-care regularly in your life.
53. List five things that make you happy and why they bring you joy.
54. Write about a time when you overcame a negative thought or belief about yourself and replaced it with a positive one.
55. What is your definition of happiness and how can you create more of it in your life through self-care?
56. Describe a recent moment where you felt proud of yourself for making a decision that was aligned with your values or goals.
57. Reflect on a time when you were able to forgive someone who hurt you. How did practicing forgiveness impact your emotional well-being?
58. Write about a time when you were able to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. How did it make you feel?
59. What is your favorite way to practice mindfulness and be present in the moment?
60. Describe a recent act of kindness or generosity that you extended towards yourself or others. How did it enhance your relationships?
61. Write about a skill or talent that you possess that you are proud of and how it contributes to your overall self-worth.
62. Reflect on a recent challenge or obstacle that you faced and how you were able to overcome it.
63. What are three things that make you feel confident and empowered?
64. Describe a time when you were able to set healthy boundaries for yourself in a relationship or situation.
65. Write about how you can incorporate more positive self-talk and affirmations into your daily life.
66. Reflect on a time when you had to ask for help or support from someone else. How did it impact your well-being?
67. What is your favorite form of self-expression, and how does it contribute to your mental health?
68. Write about a time when you were able to let go of something that no longer served you and move forward.
69. What are three things that make you feel calm and at peace?
70. Describe a time when you received love and support from someone else and how it impacted your emotional well-being.
71. Reflect on a time when you were able to stand up for your beliefs and values. How did it impact your self-esteem?
72. Write about a recent experience where you practiced self-reflection and gained insight about yourself.
73. What are three things you can do to prioritize your mental health and well-being?
74. Describe a time when you were able to let go of comparison and embrace your unique qualities.
75. Write about a time when you were able to advocate for yourself and your needs in a relationship or situation. How did it impact your self-respect?
While manicure and bubble baths can be fun, true self-love comes from deep within and is not defined by other people’s opinions or societal standards.
FREE Self-Love Resources
- The Gifts of Imperfection By Brené Brown
- Self-Love Workbook for Women By Megan Logan
- Self-Love Workbook for Black Women By Rachel Johnson
- Self-Care Worksheets: Download PDF
- Self-Compassionate Statements: Download PDF
- Self-Esteem Worksheets: Download PDF
- Say yes to you : a guide to self-love | Lily Zhao
- Self-Love: If You Do Only One Thing, Do This! | Frankie Côté
- Self-Love, be Intentional | Caitlyn Roux
- Mary’s Cup of Tea Podcast: The Self-Love Podcast for Women: Mary Jelkovsky’s podcast explores the depths of feminism, body positivity, self-worth and much more.
- She’s All Fat: A podcast described as ‘radical self-love’ hosted by Sophie and April.
FREE Printable Self-Love Worksheets (PDF)
Hadiah is a counselor who is passionate about supporting individuals on their journey towards mental well-being. Hadiah not only writes insightful articles on various mental health topics but also creates engaging and practical mental health worksheets.
As a BetterHelp affiliate, we may receive a commission from BetterHelp, at zero cost to you, if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.