This post contains some of the best self love questions to help you practice self-love.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
What Is Self-Love?
Self-love is a state of appreciation for who you are.
Self-love means taking actions that support your well-being, including treating yourself with kindness and respect and meeting your physical, emotional, and spiritual needs.
Related: How To Start A Self Love Journey? Top 10 Powerful Ways to Love Yourself More
23 Self Love Questions
The following self-love questions will help you reflect on things related to self-love:
1. What does unconditional self-love mean to you?
2. Do you think there is such thing as too much self-love?
3. Why do you think self love is important?
4. How do you think your life would change if you started practicing self-love?
5. What’s standing in the way of your accepting yourself? What can you do to change that?
6. Are you comfortable being alone? Why? Why not?
7. What makes you feel most alive?
8. What do you need to start saying “yes” to?
9. What personal or professional achievements are you especially proud of?
10. What’s something that you’re really good at?
11. What do you like about yourself? Why?
12. What do you most dislike about yourself and why?
13. Are the things you dislike about yourself really true?
14. What can you do to “fill your own cup” before helping others?
Related: How To Manifest Self Love? Best 9 Ways To Grow In Self-Love
15. Where in your life do you need to slow down?
16. When you’re having a bad day, what’s one thing that consistently boosts your mood?
17. What makes you lose track of the time?
18. What is the best compliment you’ve ever been given?
19. What mistakes do you need to forgive yourself for? What can you learn from your mistakes?
20. What activities, habits or people make you feel unhappy? How can you let them go?
21. What negative beliefs do you have about yourself? Are they true?
22. How can you feel more fulfilled in your life?
23. What are some self love affirmations that you could say to yourself?
The following are some examples:
- I accept love from myself.
- I can do anything I set my mind to.
- I deserve good things.
- I deserve love.
- I embrace who I am.
Related: Top 45 Self Care Day Ideas at Home To Kickstart Your Self Care Ritual
While manicure and bubble baths can be fun, true self-love comes from deep within and is not defined by other people’s opinions or societal standards.
FREE Self-Love Resources
- The Gifts of Imperfection By Brené Brown
- Self-Love Workbook for Women By Megan Logan
- Self-Love Workbook for Black Women By Rachel Johnson
- Self-Care Worksheets: Download PDF
- Self-Compassionate Statements: Download PDF
- Self-Esteem Worksheets: Download PDF
- Say yes to you : a guide to self-love | Lily Zhao
- Self-Love: If You Do Only One Thing, Do This! | Frankie Côté
- Self-Love, be Intentional | Caitlyn Roux
- Mary’s Cup of Tea Podcast: The Self-Love Podcast for Women: Mary Jelkovsky’s podcast explores the depths of feminism, body positivity, self-worth and much more.
- She’s All Fat: A podcast described as ‘radical self-love’ hosted by Sophie and April.