This post contails journaling prompts to use for your 5 minute journal.
Let’s Be Selfish for 5 Minutes
How often do you take the time to check in with yourself or explore your dreams and desires?
Life is full of distractions occurring at an extremely fast pace.
It’s easy to understand how you might overlook yourself and your needs in the process of living each day.
What can you do to spend more time on you?
Journaling is one way to connect with your thoughts and feelings.
Related: Lack Of Self Awareness: 5 Signs & 5 Tips On How To Increase Self-Awareness
5 Minute Journal PDF
What Is Journaling?
Journaling is a way to express yourself freely without judgment.
The process of venting and writing down your thoughts is inherently therapeutic. It can help you gain a clearer perspective and identify your stressors and ways to cope with them.
Other benefits of journaling may include:
- Relieving stress
- Identifying and tracking goals
- Overcoming fears
- Improving self-esteem
- Reframing negative beliefs
The following are journaling prompts ideas for daily journaling. Choose one prompt at a time and use it as a starting point for free writing:
- How do you feel right now?
- What’s been on your mind lately?
- How can you be more compassionate with yourself?
- Did you accomplish what you wanted today? If not, what’s left unaccomplished? What do you want to accomplish tomorrow?
- What made you smile today?
- What do you feel grateful for today?
- What makes you feel alive?
- What makes you feel loved?
- What soothes you most?
- What makes you feel confident?
- What words of phrases trigger you?
- What are your fears?
- What are you good at?
- What motivates you to get out of bed every day?
- What legacy do you want to leave behind?
- Is what you’re doing right now moving you closer to your goals?
- What can you do to move closer to your ideal life?
- Are your decisions aligned with your values?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- When do you feel most fulfilled?
- What contributes to your overall well-being?
- What do you want to accomplish?
- What makes you happiest?
- What are you afraid to share about yourself?
You Might Also Like:
- Top 23 Self Love Questions (+FREE Self-Love Resources)
- Best 25 Journal Prompts For Self Love And Confidence Building
- Best 18 Self Compassion Journal Prompts (+FREE Worksheets)
- Top +100 Journal Prompts For Mental Health [+Free PDF Printable!]
- Top 21 Healing Journal Prompts To Support Your Healing Journey
- Best 25 Night Journal Prompts To Help You Sleep Faster
- Best 21 Evening Journal Prompts To Help You Relax & Unwind
- Best 35 Journal Prompts To Get To Know Yourself
Journaling can help you manage your difficult emotions, but it’s not a replacement for other treatments.
Psychologist Locator and the National Register are two websites for locating psychologists in USA.
Online therapy is also an option. It can be much more affordable than in-person therapy but can be equally effective. (source)
I recommend Online-Therapy.com for affordable online therapy.
- Emotional and physical health benefits of expressive writing | Advances in Psychiatric Treatment | Cambridge Core
- Online Positive Affect Journaling in the Improvement of Mental Distress and Well-Being in General Medical Patients With Elevated Anxiety Symptoms: A Preliminary Randomized Controlled Trial – PMC (nih.gov)
- How Journaling Can Help You in Hard Times (berkeley.edu)
- What’s All This About Journaling? – The New York Times (nytimes.com)
- Journaling for Mental Health – Health Encyclopedia – University of Rochester Medical Center
- Benefits of Journaling for Mental Health (5 Science-Based Benefits of Journaling for Anxiety and Depression)) | Holstee
- The Mental Health Benefits of Journaling | Psych Central