The following are some of the best books on building confidence to help you become the best version of yourself.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.
Best 10 Books On Building Confidence
1. The Confidence Code
By Katty Kay, Claire Shipman
Following the success of Lean In and Why Women Should Rule the World, the authors of the bestselling Womenomics provide an informative and practical guide to understanding the importance of confidence—and learning how to achieve it—for women of all ages and at all stages of their career.
Related: How Confident Am I Quiz (+Best 13 Practical Tools To Feel More Confident)
2. The Self-Confidence Workbook
By Barbara Markway PhD, Celia Ampel
This standout among self-help books helps you vanquish self-doubt with:
- DEFINING CONFIDENCE: A guide to understanding self-confidence by defining what it means to be confident and helping you determine your starting level of self-esteem.
- STRATEGIES FOR SELF-ACCEPTANCE: This book entails a 5-step program that begins with setting goals and uses evidence-based strategies to foster acceptance, mindfulness, self-compassion, and more.
- INTERACTIVE EXERCISES: Discover reflections, checklists, and quizzes to help you internalize lessons and concepts.
Related: Top 18 Self Esteem Exercises (+FREE CBT For Self-Esteem Worksheets PDF)
3. The Confidence Gap
By Russ Harris
Drawing on the techniques of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), a cutting-edge form of cognitive-behavioral therapy, The Confidence Gap explains how to:
• Free yourself from common misconceptions about what confidence is and how to build it
• Transform your relationship with fear and anxiety
• Clarify your core values and use them as your inspiration and motivation
• Use mindfulness to effectively handle negative thoughts and feelings.
Related: Best 10 Self Esteem Books
4. Unstoppable Self Confidence
By Andrew Leedham
After finding himself at his absolute lowest point, Andrew Leedham went on a mission to discover the secrets to creating the unstoppable self-confidence of the 1%. What he discovered shocked him. That most teaching on confidence and success was not only wrong but also highly destructive. And that with the secrets he discovered you could transform your confidence and success, PERMANENTLY and FAST.
Related: Low Self Esteem Quiz
5. Can’t Hurt Me
By David Goggins
Goggins transformed himself from a depressed, overweight young man with no future into a U.S. Armed Forces icon and one of the world’s top endurance athletes.
In Can’t Hurt Me, Goggins shares his astonishing life story and reveals that most of us tap into only 40% of our capabilities. Goggins calls this The 40% Rule, and his story illuminates a path that anyone can follow to push past pain, demolish fear, and reach their full potential.
Related: Top +100 Journal Prompts For Mental Health [+Free PDF Printable!]
6. The Art Of Extraordinary Confidence
By Dr. Aziz Gazipura PsyD
In this inspiring and liberating book, Dr. Aziz slices through each obstacle on the path towards ever-increasing confidence. Through stories, activities, humor, and the world’s most powerful tools, you will discover how to:
* Eliminate self-doubt and negative thinking.
* Master five ways to overcome fear.
* Discover how confidence leads to greater wealth and prosperity.
* Boost your social power so you can confidently talk with anyone.
* Enjoy more love in all your relationships.
* Boldly ask for what you want, so you finally get what you really desire out of life.
Related: Lack Of Self Awareness: 5 Signs & 5 Tips On How To Increase Self-Awareness
7. Self-Confidence for Men
By John Sonmez
John Sonmez has a lifetime of experience building self-confidence.
In this book you’ll learn:
– Why you can’t “fake it until you make it” anymore
– A 5-step process to pull out genuine self-confidence
– The “Compounding Confidence Cycle”
– The dangers of overconfidence
– and a 10-Step daily checklist.
By Judy Murphy
With the information in this guide, you will learn to:
– Stop putting yourself last
– Say no with authority and grace
– Ask for what you want, and when you want it
– End unconscious behaviors that tell others it’s ok to walk over you
– Apply assertive communication with peers and bullies
– Use assertiveness in the workplace with co-workers and bosses
– Set boundaries in marriage and with parents
– AND MORE…
9. The Assertiveness Workbook
By Randy J. Paterson
The Assertiveness Workbook contains powerfully effective skills grounded in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to help you communicate more effectively, improve social interactions, and express yourself with confidence and clarity. You’ll learn how to set and maintain personal boundaries while staying connected, and discover ways to be more genuine and open in your relationships. Finally, you’ll learn to defend yourself calmly if you’re unfairly criticized or asked to submit to unreasonable requests.
10. The Confidence Workbook
By Adrian Tannock
The book starts by helping you identify the factors currently constraining your confidence, and their causes. It then helps you set specific goals to improve on; as you progress through the book, you will be able to keep checking your progress against these goals. Specially created exercises, using the tools of NLP, hypnotherapy and cognitive psychology, will help you to boost your confidence so that you can reach your potential in any situation.